Milli Vee

Hi everyone - update on CCR - Turmoil 2022 and our store!

Hey Milli,

Just ordered Turmoil 2022.

I noticed that you poll only allows 1 choice, since it's radio buttons.
image.png.89f76c2b42fda39b9665c29d69518e16.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

Hey Milli,

Just ordered Turmoil 2022.

I noticed that you poll only allows 1 choice, since it's radio buttons.
image.png.89f76c2b42fda39b9665c29d69518e16.png

I'm still working out how magento works - its awesome but Adobe brought it so all the links to manuals etc are now lost in redirects :( and thank you for the order!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milli Vee said:

Was speech ever implemented in CCR?  And by speech I mean the CC samples like "Go for it" "Ouch" and my favorite "Oh, Noooooo."   If it was I don't think I heard it in any of the videos. 

2 hours ago, 128Kgames said:

Was speech ever implemented in CCR?  And by speech I mean the CC samples like "Go for it" "Ouch" and my favorite "Oh, Noooooo."   If it was I don't think I heard it in any of the videos. 

No I looked at it and decided not to attempt to implement it - I was down to less that’s 2 k of space and speech required direct toggling of the sound chip at the cycle level and not the NMI like music does.

21 minutes ago, Milli Vee said:

No I looked at it and decided not to attempt to implement it - I was down to less that’s 2 k of space and speech required direct toggling of the sound chip at the cycle level and not the NMI like music does.

Wasn't that part of one of the stretch goals?  I thought that was the point of using the SGM for enhanced sound?  Maybe I missed something. 

14 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Wasn't that part of one of the stretch goals?  I thought that was the point of using the SGM for enhanced sound?  Maybe I missed something. 

It was part an early stretch goal as well as to use the extra ram in the SGM and Adam for the in game editor. But even using the AY sound chip it was the same issue, you  have to dedicate all cpu cycles to trying to make a voice. In the end we decided it was too much effort for minimal gain. We did incorporate it in the game though in a different way, the mini cecils shout words of encouragement and get upset when Cecil falls. 

12 minutes ago, Aking said:

30 us$ a rom ????!!

I think it is a reasonable price for new software, manual etc. All of the code is 100% new and written by us. So yeah $30 is a good price. What do you think is a good price for software with literally 1000's of hours of coding involved? Just because its digital doesn't mean it is not worth purchasing.

• Like 4

Turmoil 2022 is selling like hotcakes! The physical boxed cartridge release is a limited run of 50 (digital rom is unlimited) and they have already sold more than 30. The clock is ticking...get yours now before it's gone. I just put my money where my mouth is and purchased one 🤑

You might want to look at some different International postage options, the priority shipping you have as the only selection is more than the price of the game.

6 hours ago, Tony Cruise said:

You might want to look at some different International postage options, the priority shipping you have as the only selection is more than the price of the game.

I can do that / you are  in Australia right?

Just tried the game last night.   

My only complaint is that it is so dam addictive that I missed my bed time by a few hours and this morning was a rough start at work

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

Just tried the game last night.   

My only complaint is that it is so dam addictive that I missed my bed time by a few hours and this morning was a rough start at work

Thats awesome!

Ordered Turmoil 2022 and it looks great, I love the original game so much!

Looking forward to this one for sure!  There was not too much game play footage but did you implement the donuts to you need to go down the path at the end to get that causes the indestructible ship (bullets go though the center) to force you to leave and go back to the middle again.  That is such a great mechanic and I hope your version has it or at least something to replace it.

In any case looking forward to trying it out when it is ready!

Thank you!

Great to see Turmoil finally come to the CV & ADAM especially after the demos released by Howard Uman in 2009, that he originally started in 2006, perked everyone's interest but then ended up as vaporware. His version seemed pretty far along but did not have any sound effects or music. The gameplay pic doesn't do it justice as the enemies are not on the screen.

Now to set some time aside tonight to play CCR!

Spaz Attak (2).png

Spaz Attak.png

On 9/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, Milli Vee said:

Thats awesome!

Can we get horizontal movement like on the original?

2 minutes ago, Swami said:

Can we get horizontal movement like on the original?

Have you tried twin stick movement yet?  I haven't had a chance to load the ROM and I am trying to find out if the twin stick movement is true to the arcade.

36 minutes ago, 128Kgames said:

Have you tried twin stick movement yet?  I haven't had a chance to load the ROM and I am trying to find out if the twin stick movement is true to the arcade.

It’s being changed 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Milli Vee said:

What game are you referring to?

Turmoil 2600 - horizontal movement

7 minutes ago, Swami said:

Turmoil 2600 - horizontal movement

No that game is complete and already burned on chips to ship

out. The game is not a remake of the 40 year old Atari game it is a revision with more action, levels, enemies, weapons etc. The idea of a “prize” doesn’t not fit the back story of turmoil 2022.