IGNORED

Question how many Atari Jaguars do you keep on hand?

Pete5125

1 minute ago, joeatari1 said:

Maybe you were dreaming that you had a second one.  I had a super vivid dream about 5 years ago that I had a Turbo Express and that I was playing it in my basement.  I woke up a couple hours later and searched through all my gaming stuff and couldn't find it.  Damn.

No, it definitely wasn't a dream. I've had two Jags for many years now, one of which had a rental sticker on it, and the other was the one I originally bought back in January of 1995. The latter is the one that I still can't find. On top of that, I have a Lynx that's buried somewhere as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No, it definitely wasn't a dream. I've had two Jags for many years now, one of which had a rental sticker on it, and the other was the one I originally bought back in January of 1995. The latter is the one that I still can't find. On top of that, I have a Lynx that's buried somewhere as well.

Hopefully you find them soon.  How long have you been looking?

19 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Hopefully you find them soon.  How long have you been looking?

Too long. My parents are packrats and have stuff piled up in the garage, so it's going to take a lot of digging. Oh well, I'm sure I'll come across them eventually.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, youxia said:

The golden rule of all hardware collecting should be "one plus a spare".

I'd rather not buy the spare if I may never need it... or if it might not even work by the time I do.  So it's just one for me.  If a console stops working, I'll try to get it fixed.  If it can't be fixed, then I'll deal with paying the high cost of replacement.

On 9/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, Sargon said:

I'd rather not buy the spare if I may never need it... or if it might not even work by the time I do.  So it's just one for me.  If a console stops working, I'll try to get it fixed.  If it can't be fixed, then I'll deal with paying the high cost of replacement.

Same.  To me, I don't feel right owning more than 1 Jaguar because that takes a Jaguar out of the hands of another person.  People owning multiple Jaguars necessarily limits how big the community can be by making it hard to own one.  I think we needs Jaguars in the hands of as many people as possible and there are only so many out there.

That said, my cartridge slot is super iffy and usually boots to a red screen until I move it around.  I've left my Gamedrive in there for a year and it boots with no issues, but I'm not keen to take it out and play Rebooteroids unfortunately.  I could replace the cartridge connector but I need to find a dedicated repair person and even then the new connector could break.  I'm reluctant to do anything to it while it still works just fine, but the day may come in the future where I need a repair and/or a new Jaguar.  I hope not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought one in 2000 and sold it in 2003 when I moved overseas.  When I move back home in 2007, I realized I missed having a Jaguar, so I decided to buy one.  At that point you could pick up a base console with a power supply, one controller, an RF cable and perhaps a common loose cart or two for $35 US plus shipping.  I decided at the time to buy a second one as a backup in case the first died.

I now have two, and I swap them around: one on the coffee table at any time, the other put away in storage.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...