Pete5125

Question how many Atari Jaguars do you keep on hand?

1 minute ago, joeatari1 said:

Maybe you were dreaming that you had a second one.  I had a super vivid dream about 5 years ago that I had a Turbo Express and that I was playing it in my basement.  I woke up a couple hours later and searched through all my gaming stuff and couldn't find it.  Damn.

No, it definitely wasn't a dream. I've had two Jags for many years now, one of which had a rental sticker on it, and the other was the one I originally bought back in January of 1995. The latter is the one that I still can't find. On top of that, I have a Lynx that's buried somewhere as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

No, it definitely wasn't a dream. I've had two Jags for many years now, one of which had a rental sticker on it, and the other was the one I originally bought back in January of 1995. The latter is the one that I still can't find. On top of that, I have a Lynx that's buried somewhere as well.

Hopefully you find them soon.  How long have you been looking?

19 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Hopefully you find them soon.  How long have you been looking?

Too long. My parents are packrats and have stuff piled up in the garage, so it's going to take a lot of digging. Oh well, I'm sure I'll come across them eventually.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wilco said:

A controller might be useful. 

Funny. I do have a controller. I’d like a pro controller someday though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, youxia said:

The golden rule of all hardware collecting should be "one plus a spare".

I'd rather not buy the spare if I may never need it... or if it might not even work by the time I do.  So it's just one for me.  If a console stops working, I'll try to get it fixed.  If it can't be fixed, then I'll deal with paying the high cost of replacement.

I had two so I could play doom. But it didn't take long to realise the link up is to gimped to enjoy the game so I sold one.

• Like 1

The Jaguar itself is reliable enough. It's only really the CD where spares would be recommended. Though having 3 jags helps just in case something goes wrong, or if the value skyrockets for no real reason 

13 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

I forgot to mention, I also have 3 Jaguar Minis NIB.

Why haven't you used any of them? Is it because whoever produced them didn't acquire rights to any games?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, Sargon said:

I'd rather not buy the spare if I may never need it... or if it might not even work by the time I do.  So it's just one for me.  If a console stops working, I'll try to get it fixed.  If it can't be fixed, then I'll deal with paying the high cost of replacement.

Same.  To me, I don't feel right owning more than 1 Jaguar because that takes a Jaguar out of the hands of another person.  People owning multiple Jaguars necessarily limits how big the community can be by making it hard to own one.  I think we needs Jaguars in the hands of as many people as possible and there are only so many out there.

That said, my cartridge slot is super iffy and usually boots to a red screen until I move it around.  I've left my Gamedrive in there for a year and it boots with no issues, but I'm not keen to take it out and play Rebooteroids unfortunately.  I could replace the cartridge connector but I need to find a dedicated repair person and even then the new connector could break.  I'm reluctant to do anything to it while it still works just fine, but the day may come in the future where I need a repair and/or a new Jaguar.  I hope not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One i'm afraid ( though i've owned 3 over time) and a game drive.

The one I have has had to have a new cartridge port though as some of the connections inside slot ripped out with a cart 😪

That said I keep an eye out for a spare.

Hi I got two, one 50/60 hz modded used only for carts, the second one with the cd addon and memory cart permanently plugged in. It has happened that I have linked them for Doom and Aircars in two player mode once or twice.

On 9/14/2021 at 4:47 PM, Arcadia said:

Why haven't you used any of them? Is it because whoever produced them didn't acquire rights to any games?

Was not acquiring rights to any games at launch the biggest mistake ataritiger made with the Jaguar Mini?

• Haha 1

2 for linking initially but only tried that out a couple of times. Now I have one 60Hz modded connected to the TV and the other one in a box always ready for jagfests.:)

Editorb Presents the Jaguar Depository Featuring Editorb!

Just mail me your Jags, wanted or unwanted! Eventually, when the question arises how many Atari Jaguars I keep on hand, I will answer, "All of them."

• Haha 3

Two. First bought NIB at an Atari Fair in 1994 or 1995, second spare unit was a deal to sweet to pass a few years ago. Don't dare to sell the spare as it would be very hard to find a replacement at a reasonable price.

I bought one in 2000 and sold it in 2003 when I moved overseas.  When I move back home in 2007, I realized I missed having a Jaguar, so I decided to buy one.  At that point you could pick up a base console with a power supply, one controller, an RF cable and perhaps a common loose cart or two for $35 US plus shipping.  I decided at the time to buy a second one as a backup in case the first died.

I now have two, and I swap them around: one on the coffee table at any time, the other put away in storage.

• Like 1