Rev

Amico Boomers event 9/11/21

6 hours ago, Swami said:

Detractors were saying the Texas event wasn’t public and was staged, but the real problem was that only fans wanted to sign releases. It also stands to reason that most of the people who are going to go out of their way to show up for an event, whether it’s the Amico or some other system are going to be fans of the system. 

A staged event would mean they had control of the attendees so that they would get an expected reaction.  At the Texas event they were setup for regular museum attendees to play the thing, no local promotion as far as I know, it was business as usual for the museum.  In the video there were a group of school kids, a mother with her son, a family of four, a couple of guys; I don't think anyone knows who these people are.  I don't think IE sent out a mass email but there were some local invites.  I understand one atariage user was in the video, a friend of the CEO with his wife, and a couple of videogame youtubers/writers the CEO knows.  Nobody knows how these people are going to react.  The two youtubers have been following Amico and had high expectations to meet.  The one friend's reaction was actually luke warm.  Apparently there were other local youtubers/writers invited, suggested by others but declined to show up.   There was another lady in the video that supposedly works for Gamestop.  Gamestop is an Amico reseller so she would be considered affiliated with Amico.  Being a fan or a follower of the thing, or having some indirect business or social connection with an employee of the company does not make you affiliated.  The event wasn't staged.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

You have the right to photograph people who are in a public place, but if you want to use someone’s likeness  in a commercial, you need their permission. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mthompson said:

You have the right to photograph people who are in a public place, but if you want to use someone’s likeness  in a commercial, you need their permission. 

Yep, and the tour videos are bascially commercials. 

51 minutes ago, Rev said:

Yep, and the tour videos are bascially commercials. 

That’s a stretch. Commercials are a bunch of paid actors following a script. I think it is far from that, although you could say the ones from Intellivision are promotional. As some have said , you’d be an idiot not to make it positive. There are other videos from individuals so I’m not sure if you’re including those. The difference between promotional and a commercial would be people who like Michael Jackson’s music cheering for him at a performance vs him hiring several rows of people to cheer for him (which really did happen). The main difference being whether there are people voluntarily loving his music or being paid to pretend they do. 

Its not an insult calling them commercials. 

24 minutes ago, Rev said:

Its not an insult calling them commercials. 

I didn't say it was, but it implies the participants are insincere. I am saying they are more genuine than in commercials. Perhaps the sample is not all encompassing and without bias, but they are not presenting a charade for payment.