IGNORED

Technology Associates and the Story of Intellivision Bump ‘N’ Jump

decle

17 hours ago, intvdave said:

You may be right. The game is good enough as it is. I should just work on something else. Super Pro Biplanes?

OMG!  Yes.   I don't want to dissuade you from updating Bump n Jump.  You have done some great stuff in the past.  I thought Burger Time was complete, you proved that wrong.

But Biplanes would be AMAZING!   Dog Fighting:  Super Pro Biplanes

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Oh my, I hit the back button and saw Dog Fighting...   For those to young to know.  This has nothing to do with Michael Vick, Pit bulls or anything like that!

Nah, it's fine.  Leave people to figure it out on their own, just like with "Cornhole".

• Haha 2

This is NOT for 1980gamer.

Bump'n'Jump is a game my kid enjoys playing so I made updates to it over the years. This thread inspired me to finish it to a point I could share it. So... if you are interested in Super Pro Bump'n'Jump, check out:

http://intellivision.us/roms.php

The game link is currently on the top. I hope someone enjoys it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, intvdave said:

This is NOT for 1980gamer.

Bump'n'Jump is a game my kid enjoys playing so I made updates to it over the years. This thread inspired me to finish it to a point I could share it. So... if you are interested in Super Pro Bump'n'Jump, check out:

http://intellivision.us/roms.php

The game link is currently on the top. I hope someone enjoys it.

Aww, I am excluded :(   I wanted to see what you came up with.   I have enjoyed all of your prior work.  :(  inside out disney GIF

7 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Aww, I am excluded :(   I wanted to see what you came up with.   I have enjoyed all of your prior work.  :(  inside out disney GIF

Poor you :)

The game has the following "enhancements":

- Water warnings changed

- Messages cleaned up

- More options to select at beginning of game

- End screen shows options selected

- Bottom right button will show which road you are on. Good to use when Random Road option is selected

- Bonuses occur at every point level instead of just once. If you find the bug with this, remember that it is a feature :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, intvdave said:

- Water warnings changed

- Messages cleaned up

- Bottom right button will show which road you are on. Good to use when Random Road option is selected

- Bonuses occur at every point level instead of just once. If you find the bug with this, remember that it is a feature :)

So the player was supposed to get a bonus car more than just once?  I'd like to add that as an option to my level editor.  Is it just a matter of poking a couple ROM addresses?

On 9/30/2021 at 12:03 AM, 1980gamer said:

Oh my, I hit the back button and saw Dog Fighting...   For those to young to know.  This has nothing to do with Michael Vick, Pit bulls or anything like that!

Could it be possible that someone doesn't knows what dog fighting means?

Spoiler

Robert Norris did the great job to make it possible to use Pioneer's engine for an online dogfight, he never released it or put this into the game which i don't understand, of course it would have been outside of gameplay for Pioneer, nonetheless Geraldine and me would have loved it (Pioneer like FE2 doesn't suits for multiplayer since you can accelerate the time and this wouldn't be to synchronize, if you can't you would have to wait the three days for a run to Mars i.e., Elite4 solved the problem with hyperspacing into the orbit of a Planet instead to a point at the rim of the system, we debated about this as well but i never liked the idea to me the spaceflight itself is an essential part of this game). Before all this happened and fairly before Robert moved in i had the idea that we could use the blackboard of the game and leave a message like "interested in a fight? join me tomorrow at nn:nn" and that it should be outside of gameplay just for the fun aspect of it.

Yes it's jousting, but regarding newtonian physics it will have to turn into jousting, it is how it is.

Edited by Gernot

18 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

For some reason, the phrasing made this song pop into my mind.  No deep meaning implied.

That the clip isn't available (to me) only makes me more curious....

What do you mean by "no deep meaning implied" the lyrics have true depth...

Edited by Gernot

2 hours ago, Zendocon said:

So the player was supposed to get a bonus car more than just once?  I'd like to add that as an option to my level editor.  Is it just a matter of poking a couple ROM addresses?

The original game allows you to gain one extra car/life at 20,000 and no more. My update has a menu option to gain bonus lives at 5k and 20k. You will gain a bonus life at every score divisible by 5k or 20k. This was changed to allow the players to be able to play longer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, intvdave said:

The original game allows you to gain one extra car/life at 20,000 and no more. My update has a menu option to gain bonus lives at 5k and 20k. You will gain a bonus life at every score divisible by 5k or 20k. This was changed to allow the players to be able to play longer.

Okay.  I misunderstood what you meant by "find the bug with this".  I thought maybe the original game should always have had continual extra lives, and so if there was a simple ROM poke or two to correct the issue, I could add that as an option.

1 minute ago, intvdave said:

There is a "bug" in my code. The original game is solid!

I have not come across the easter egg. Have you found it?

Actually, no.  While I was looking through the ROM, I deciphered the level data, and immediately got sidetracked with that level editor project.

8 hours ago, Gernot said:

That the clip isn't available (to me) only makes me more curious....

What do you mean by "no deep meaning implied" the lyrics have true depth...

It's a video of the song "(This is Not a) Love Song" by Public Image Ltd.

The "no deep meaning implied" was simply that the original poster's phrase amusingly reminded me of the song title.  Nothing deeper was meant than that.

Lathe26 "no deep meaning implied" neither. I watched the clip after i unblocked it, thx.

I'm always curious when you post a clip it is always something weird like "killer caterpillars" or similar.

This was weirdness of it's own, somehow i remembered it but it wasn't my music in the '80s at this time as it is easy to recognize i was a greaser but there was no getting around MTV not even for me. And Jürgen my close Friend back then with whom i held countless sessions on my Inty had no TV at home (his parents was new evangelistic) watched every shit that was running because he lacked of.

From today's perspective the song is somewhat cool, cheap as hell but refreshing genuine.

Right when i unblocked it i wondered what the blocking caused? I mean it's not the only clip which is infringing copyrights why to all the hell it is blocked exactly in Switzerland?

Of course i know i was myself off YT for about half a year because i uploaded an unreleased song by Bob Marley which was bought by a - well i have no name for this it still up-rages me, they claimed it's by "i forgot this artificial name" and even as author was stated "i forgot this artificial name" but who doesn't know that "Songs of Freedom" is by Bob Marley? Yes it could have been Lee Perry he published a couple of Marley songs under his pseudonyms, most are known to me and i even asked the web but none fitted to what was stated, there was absolutely zero information to find about this artificial character. Thus i was so eager to refute the copyright claim which has brought me the fining. It still up-rages me because that's just bullshit. I really would like to share this hardly known electric version including the Wailers of "Songs of Freedom" but i can't.

And it had to be "Songs of Freedom" isn't that significant?

This is from my pov exactly what Nina pointed on with her sequel to "Copying is no theft" - "Credit is due", they can take a work rebrand it and sell it under their own name without to respect this due, that is exactly as when Eunice takes Beethovens composition and claims it's his work which makes Beethoven a little angry (more angry looking as he looks anyway). Shall they sell it but "credits are due where credits are due".

So here it is "credit is due" (dammit!)

I can't get enough of her, it's just brilliant.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:56 PM, intvdave said:

Poor you :)

- Water warnings changed

- Messages cleaned up

Is there some trick needed to use the additional options?

All I'm seeing is the "# of Players :" option.

Perhaps a special .cfg file with some poke commands is needed?