IGNORED

VCF Midwest 2021

DarkLord

Here are pictures (and some video) from the VCF Midwest 2021 show.

Amis, Paradroyd, and myself were fortunate enough to get to attend

this year.

Amis was kind enough to setup a message thread at his website (you

don't have to create an account to view them):

https://southernamis.wixsite.com/website/forum/general-discussions/on-the-ground-at-vcf-mid-west

It was a great show and I personally had a wonderful time!  :)

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Nice!  Thanks for all the pictures.  That looks like an awesome show!

Gotta give the most kudo's to Amis - he took most of the pictures and

his phone camera is much newer and better than my ancient Sonim

Enduro.  :)

It was an awesome show, with my only wish being that there were more

of the ST line shown...

7 hours ago, Tillek said:

No... fracking no.....

Let's plan better... you and Dark Lord meet up with me and Stephen in Columbus.  I'll find us a place to park our cars... then we get an RV and pick up Lonny (LP060) on the way.

Most epic fraking road trip ever!

I'm surprisingly good with this...  :)

Wow, that would have been a fun show to attend.  Glad you had fun and love the "Live and breathe Atari" mask.  Thanks for sharing the experience.

BTW, any idea who the guy in the Atari Authorized Sales & Service shirt is?  It caught my eye because I made a neon Atari AS&S sign back in March.

32 minutes ago, MasterMotorola said:

Wow, that would have been a fun show to attend.  Glad you had fun and love the "Live and breathe Atari" mask.  Thanks for sharing the experience.

BTW, any idea who the guy in the Atari Authorized Sales & Service shirt is?  It caught my eye because I made a neon Atari AS&S sign back in March.

Fairly sure that's @cbelcher

• Thanks 1

I have heard about these shows, I want to make a trip next year an go see everything.  It would be a great opportunity participate with a display  too, show off some of the cool hardware I have collected and also I could setup hardware I want to sell.  The best part is the customer can power up/ check out the equipment right there at the time of purchase.  They don't have to worry that what they are buying isn't as advertised and you don't have to worry the item will get destroyed during shipping, the customer wont like it, or it just plain disappearing into the shipping system.  Plus no ebay fees or shipping & handing fees.

19 hours ago, MasterMotorola said:

Funny thing about that mask. It came from Cafepress and I had ordered it as, "I Live And Breathe Atari".  By the time  I received it and realized they had made

a mistake, it was too late to return it before the show. Also, that's a big mask. I don't have a small face and it felt like I was wearing a helmet.    :)

Hmm, honestly I have no idea about that guy. Maybe Amis, Paradroyd, or some of the other attendees do? Sorry.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, calimero said:

Nice photos and unbelievable number of odd machines (among normals ;) )

btw

Rags (aka mask) over face are mandatory? I ask because I see only one person without...

Yes, they posted ahead of time on the VCF Midwest website that they were currently mandatory in that county.

Yeah, it was kind of self-defeating. I noticed quite a few people

remove their masks just as soon as they left the convention

center and went through the Bistro and then the main lobby

of the hotel. Not like the lobby was a high traffic area or any

thing, ya know?  :)