IGNORED

Black and white on frenzy 7800

James app-2008

Hello i recently had a 7800 modded. Its a ultimate atari video rev. D mod by the brewing academy. 

i had initially tested a frenzy 7800 cartridge which displays in black and white? 

i put it away for awhile but got it back out to further test it. 

for some reason? My frenzy 7800 cart displays in b/w. Also my berzerk cart does not work it is frozen crashes on startup? 

but all my other games mostly atari 2600 games work good with good colors? 

can anyone help me? 

i had a electronics guy do my mod. And im not sure what is wrong most games work good

Hello

just plugged in an atari 7800 centipede one of my few 7800 games. 

in my modded 7800 the game shows up in black and white? 

maybe as ive read in other posts my 7800 color pot needs adjusting? Any help or thoughts on what could be wrong are appreciated. 

like i said my other 2600 games work fine

any thoughts or ideas are appreciated

If the 2600 side it good, then yes adjust the color pot trimmer for the 7800 side and see if that brings the color back. I know for a fact that Frenzy will display in color on a UAV upgraded 7800. So yes my first thought is the color wheel needs to be tweaked.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

If your electronics guy is unfamiliar with the UAV in a 7800, be sure he knows that TIA color and MARIA color signals go into separate inputs on the UAV, and both must be present to get 7800 and 2600 games in color. 

My question on that, is if he didn't wire them in separately, then what instructions did he follow as you are thinking the person only wired up the TIA color signal and not the Maria?

On 9/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, James app-2008 said:

Hello

just plugged in an atari 7800 centipede one of my few 7800 games. 

in my modded 7800 the game shows up in black and white? 

maybe as ive read in other posts my 7800 color pot needs adjusting? Any help or thoughts on what could be wrong are appreciated. 

like i said my other 2600 games work fine

any thoughts or ideas are appreciated

I had this same problem... It was the TV. I needed to change the channel and then change it back or turn the TV off, turn on the 7800, then turn the TV on.  If i switch games, when I turn off the 7800, put a new game in and turn it back on, the 7800 is in B&W. It only happens with one of my 7800s.  But I suggest you not touch the pots before trying just changing the channel (AKA, the 7800 needs to be putting out the signal FIRST)

I don't know if it will help, but if it does, it's a lot easier than messing with the pots.

Mine had the same problem once and it was def the pot.  I just opened it up (undid the screws and took the top off) then inserted the cart and turned the pot until the color was correct.  Maybe look it up online if need be.  One pot is for the 7800 games and one pot is for the 2600 games.  Just check one game per side (a 2600 game, then a 7800 game) before you screw the top back on.