IGNORED

Ontario GTA Users

oo7

2 hours ago, VinsCool said:

Oh dear, I did not mean to ignite a war with my post!

I was only making a joke, it's a pretty common one among Ontarians/Québecois, so I intended to make it sound like a funny remark instead of actually insulting people.

Just to make it clear, I live there, and French is in fact my first language, what I said earlier was not a jab at the people living here, honest.

"Worse" only poked fun at the cultural differences between France (the country) and Québec (the province), there was no malicious intentions behind my reply :) 

That being said, I love the Ataris, and the Atarians from all over the world are automatically people I like, so sorry for the misunderstanding, I admit that probably came off in a rude way now.

Désolé les amis francophones si j'ai offensé qui que ce soit, ce n'était pas du tout mon intention!

I knew you were joking. I guess only because Ontario/Quebec 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

I am in Kitchener if that helps, and i am looking for a collection of TAF disks, Russ

When TAF dissolved, one of the executive ended up with the entire set of library disks in his apartment. I had a chat with him about that around twenty years ago, but I had moved to Alberta by that point, and he wasn't interested in restarting the club, so I left it at that and didn't pursue acquiring any part of the library. The last conversation that I had with a member of TAF was in November of 2002. TAF had an incredible library, and as it was one of the last holdouts it amassed large collections from user groups in the rest of Ontario and Michigan. 

I typically show up to TPUG's smallish "World of Commodore" meeting in December to wave the Atari flag. That one was cancelled last year because of the pandemic, though, and I doubt that they'll have one this year either.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:47 AM, davidcalgary29 said:

When TAF dissolved, one of the executive ended up with the entire set of library disks in his apartment. I had a chat with him about that around twenty years ago, but I had moved to Alberta by that point, and he wasn't interested in restarting the club, so I left it at that and didn't pursue acquiring any part of the library. The last conversation that I had with a member of TAF was in November of 2002. TAF had an incredible library, and as it was one of the last holdouts it amassed large collections from user groups in the rest of Ontario and Michigan. 

I typically show up to TPUG's smallish "World of Commodore" meeting in December to wave the Atari flag. That one was cancelled last year because of the pandemic, though, and I doubt that they'll have one this year either.

Was that dave lee? I was leaving the country and had donated a ton of my hardware. A few weeks after donating plans changed and i stayed lol. 

• Like 1

I can't recall, and can't find my original e-mail on the subject. He was very nice, and very apologetic about it all, as it seems that he ended up with everything by default. I can't imagine how such a massive club could have imploded so spectacularly, and I didn't really want to know in the end, so I didn't ask. I mean, TPUG is still meeting twenty years later, so it's not as if there's not still some appetite for this stuff.

Hm. Then again, TAF was really pushing the ST line by the end of the '80s. I used to troll the North York section, but I was literally the only one there with an interest in the 8-bit. I bitterly refused to move on to the ST, even when after I was able to afford it. I last attended a TAF meeting was when I was still a teen, and that would have been sometime in '91 or early '92. I was always the youngest attendee -- TAF didn't seem to attract many kids at all.

My last e-mail with a TAF member seems to have been with Ken MacDonald.

55 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I can't recall, and can't find my original e-mail on the subject. He was very nice, and very apologetic about it all, as it seems that he ended up with everything by default. I can't imagine how such a massive club could have imploded so spectacularly, and I didn't really want to know in the end, so I didn't ask. I mean, TPUG is still meeting twenty years later, so it's not as if there's not still some appetite for this stuff.

Hm. Then again, TAF was really pushing the ST line by the end of the '80s. I used to troll the North York section, but I was literally the only one there with an interest in the 8-bit. I bitterly refused to move on to the ST, even when after I was able to afford it. I last attended a TAF meeting was when I was still a teen, and that would have been sometime in '91 or early '92. I was always the youngest attendee -- TAF didn't seem to attract many kids at all.

My last e-mail with a TAF member seems to have been with Ken MacDonald.

Hmmm i remember them being both st and 8 bit till the end as was i. As for younger ppl my best friend and i used to attend and we were young. 44 now.

that being said we rarely saw ppl close to our age there

• Like 1