IGNORED

SOLD: NOS Atari 130XE, U1MB, Sophia 2 DVI, PokeyMAX V2, Side3, and modern PS

Mrarkus

SOLD!

For sale is a MINT, NOS Atari 130XE. This was purchased new from B&C, and used only to test the modifications. This is a PAL computer but because it has the DVI output, it can be used in US/Canada to play all the European games/demos, etc. that depend on PAL! I've used it with Dell S24221 new monitor as well as the classic Dell 2001FP, and the picture is perfect. Here is everything included in the sale:

1. NOS PAL Atari 130XE Computer itself, with professionally installed sockets for GTIA, MMU, ROM and POKEY

2. NEW, latest version, Ultimate 1Mb installed

3. NEW, latest version, Sophia 2 DVI installed, and DVI port mounted in the back - soldiered to the motherboard for a solid connection

4. NEW PokeyMAX V2 sound chip, full version (Quad + Covox). It is installed in the socket and fully working, but not connected, so it currently functions as a Pokey mono replacement. I can replace it with the original NOS Pokey for a $75 discount on the total price

5. NEW SIDE3 cart included - this is the ultimate (pun intended?) combination, allowing for full PBI: hard disk emulation, cart emulation, SDX DOS, etc.

6. NEW power supply from Brewing Academy

7. Original box and manual

The computer looks and works perfectly! Looking for $650 + shipping from Charlotte, NC, US. Paypal or local exchange.

20210903_104909.jpg

20210903_104919.jpg

20210903_104922.jpg

20210903_104925.jpg

20210903_104929.jpg

20210903_104953.jpg

20210903_105045.jpg

Edited by Mrarkus
Bullet point numbering...

Please help to clarify something, because I'm a bit confused from your description of the machine:

52 minutes ago, Mrarkus said:

For sale is a MINT, NOS Atari 130XE. This was purchased new from B&C, and used only to test the modifications. This is a PAL computer but because it has the DVI output, it can be used in US/Canada to play all the European games/demos, etc. that depend on PAL! I've used it with Dell S24221 new monitor as well as the classic Dell 2001FP, and the picture is perfect. Here is everything included in the sale:

1. NOS PAL Atari 130XE Computer itself, with professionally installed sockets for GTIA, MMU, ROM and POKEY

2. NEW, latest version, Ultimate 1Mb installed

3. NEW, latest version, Sophia 2 DVI installed, and DVI port mounted in the back - soldiered to the motherboard for a solid connection

4. NEW PokeyMAX V2 sound chip, full version (Quad + Covox). It is installed in the socket and fully working, but not connected, so it currently functions as a Pokey mono replacement. I can replace it with the original NOS Pokey for a $75 discount on the total price

5. NEW SIDE3 cart included - this is the ultimate (pun intended?) combination, allowing for full PBI: hard disk emulation, cart emulation, SDX DOS, etc.

6. NEW power supply from Brewing Academy

7. Original box and manual

The computer looks and works perfectly! Looking for $650 + shipping from Charlotte, NC, US. Paypal or local exchange.

While I understand that you used a NOS machine to install the upgrades into, by doing this it's no longer NOS.  NOS implies unused, but this one had to be opened and used in order to install and test the upgrades.  Could you clarify this point, please?

21 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Please help to clarify something, because I'm a bit confused from your description of the machine:

While I understand that you used a NOS machine to install the upgrades into, by doing this it's no longer NOS.  NOS implies unused, but this one had to be opened and used in order to install and test the upgrades.  Could you clarify this point, please?

Yes, it was indeed opened, modifications were performed, and a burn-in test was performed to make sure everything is working. NOS refers to the condition of the machine as it hasn't been used for anything else but to install and test, and it is clearly spelled out in the ad, so I am not sure where the confusion lies? 

10 hours ago, Mrarkus said:

Yes, it was indeed opened, modifications were performed, and a burn-in test was performed to make sure everything is working. NOS refers to the condition of the machine as it hasn't been used for anything else but to install and test, and it is clearly spelled out in the ad, so I am not sure where the confusion lies? 

Just making sure we're on the same page.