IGNORED

Atarimania forums

Simon Carter

Hi folks,

just wondering if folks could point me in the right direction. I've got some stuff I'd like to scan and upload to Atarimania's database (mainly manuals), and have registered on the site, no problem. However, trying to register on their forums seems to be a different kettle of fish. I'm guessing whoever signs off on new forum members is super busy at the mo, as I can register but my account is never activiated (or a link sent out). Wondered if people had similar experiences, or knew if their forum peeps hung around here as well

As always, TIA

Si

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simon Carter said:

Hi folks,

just wondering if folks could point me in the right direction. I've got some stuff I'd like to scan and upload to Atarimania's database (mainly manuals), and have registered on the site, no problem. However, trying to register on their forums seems to be a different kettle of fish. I'm guessing whoever signs off on new forum members is super busy at the mo, as I can register but my account is never activiated (or a link sent out). Wondered if people had similar experiences, or knew if their forum peeps hung around here as well

As always, TIA

Si

I did an upload of software they are missing over a year ago on the ftp, put comments in the game entry where files are missing and till this day it looks like they didnt notice my upload.

18 minutes ago, oo7 said:

I did an upload of software they are missing over a year ago on the ftp, put comments in the game entry where files are missing and till this day it looks like they didnt notice my upload.

My suggestion is to upload stuff either here or on Archive.org and then just point it to them. I scan a ton of manuals and upload them to Archive.org. Sometimes I will add a link to the manual in the Comments section of each entry on Atarimania.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Allan said:

My suggestion is to upload stuff either here or on Archive.org and then just point it to them. I scan a ton of manuals and upload them to Archive.org. Sometimes I will add a link to the manual in the Comments section of each entry on Atarimania.

That's probably the best advice, I've been trying for literally years (4 plus) to get an Atarimania account and have been unsuccessful.  To be fair to the Atarimania folks, I've never reached out for help beyond one email (so it's not on them)

Another voice for uploading any and all scans of boxart, manuals, media etc. to archive.org and then posting the link here. A lot of media being archived by the community just disappears into non-public black holes that the maintainers (no matter how hard they try) may never get to the bottom of. 

If you don't want to create an account on archive.org or are worried about posting it there for any reason, feel free to contact anyone who does it regularly @Allan@Savetz, me  etc. I'm sure they would be happy to post it for you and give you credit if you want.

Maybe we could get a thread going on AA where people can post new scans and an archiver periodically grabs it and uploads it to archive and posts a link 

• Like 2