Rowsdower70

Intellivision Prism?

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/intellivision-prism-88162731.html

Saw this link come up and wondered if this is a totally new system?  Or maybe a name change due to the Amiga people?

Anyone heard about the Prism? 

Not sure when it was filed, says something about 2018.

Edited by Rowsdower70
  • Like 1

Seen that a while back. It has some new TM activity. 

Allegedly its either a back up console name, or a pre-Amico name. something along those lines, dont quote me. Im not putting out “misinformation”, its speculation. 

Which one sounds better to you?

Intellivision Prism

or

Intellivision Amico

I like Prism better. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

This was the name they trademarked for the synchronized "Onboard Interactive Lighting Technology." It was mentioned back in 2018 and promoted in this original teaser.

So maybe they are now working to make it an active trademark as the console is closing completion, or I suppose could be repurposing it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Saw this link come up and wondered if this is a totally new system?  Or maybe a name change due to the Amiga people?

Anyone heard about the Prism? 

Not sure when it was filed, says something about 2018.

Spark, Prism & Quest were all potential names we thought of about 4 years ago alongside Amico.  After we did a ton of market research, we then spent money with attorneys doing due diligence (you never just try to register names without doing diligence cause you could lose a lot of time and money if you're wrong). After we passed due diligence on our 2 favorites, we decided to take Amico for the console and Prism for the lighting. So we registered them both.  That was over 3 years ago.

The Amico named scored way higher with families.  Prism & Quest scored a little higher with gamers.

As @MattPilz rightly pointed out, we did a press release and video calling the system Amico and the lighting Prism from 2018 WITH the TM's in place. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/intellivision-reveals-initial-details-for-the-upcoming-amico-home-video-game-console-300734998.html

I've heard that the latest nefarious Amico "National Inquirer" news is that we have to change the name of the console to "Prism" now.  Both myself and our CFO have addressed this multiple times.  Bottom line... that's not true.

Glad I could clear that up.

Thanks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

This was the name they trademarked for the synchronized "Onboard Interactive Lighting Technology." It was mentioned back in 2018 and promoted in this original teaser.

So maybe they are now working to make it an active trademark as the console is closing completion, or I suppose could be repurposing it.

Final artwork for the box maybe?

😉

• Like 4

On 9/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, Tommy Tallarico said:

Spark, Prism & Quest were all potential names we thought of about 4 years ago alongside Amico.  After we did a ton of market research, we then spent money with attorneys doing due diligence (you never just try to register names without doing diligence cause you could lose a lot of time and money if you're wrong). After we passed due diligence on our 2 favorites, we decided to take Amico for the console and Prism for the lighting. So we registered them both.  That was over 3 years ago.

The Amico named scored way higher with families.  Prism & Quest scored a little higher with gamers.

As @MattPilz rightly pointed out, we did a press release and video calling the system Amico and the lighting Prism from 2018 WITH the TM's in place. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/intellivision-reveals-initial-details-for-the-upcoming-amico-home-video-game-console-300734998.html

I've heard that the latest nefarious Amico "National Inquirer" news is that we have to change the name of the console to "Prism" now.  Both myself and our CFO have addressed this multiple times.  Bottom line... that's not true.

Glad I could clear that up.

Thanks.

Why does the lightning need a product name?

Edited by SegaMasterSystemPunk

1 hour ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Why does the lightning need a product name?

For the same reason Nintendo calls haptic feedback "HD Rumble", or Sony their headphones "Pulse 3D". It's a feature, and naming it makes it stand out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Retrodon said:

For the same reason Nintendo calls haptic feedback "HD Rumble", or Sony their headphones "Pulse 3D". It's a feature, and naming it makes it stand out. 

I've always found those kind of things a bit silly, but if it sells, it's smart, I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

I've always found those kind of things a bit silly, but if it sells, it's smart, I guess.

Blast processing!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, MASTER260 said:

Blast processing!

is a real thing that uses the 68000, DMA, and the system's VDP. It will let you put the CRAM dots anywhere you want, and since CRAM dots are not restricted to the typical color palette limitations, doing this allows the user to have all of the system's 512 colors on screen at once if you are able to time everything correctly.

• Like 2