IGNORED

Lets see your development / test area!

Shift838

Everyone says this, but I have run the Don't Mess with Texas demo at VCF-SE three years running on my MDF-mounted 4A without a heat-sink on the VDP, all day each day.  I checked the temperature every so often and it never got overly hot.  [mention=22866]acadiel[/mention] might remember the numbers as I cannot.

I don’t remember, but I could still easily touch it.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Matthew180, that terminal is a Heathkit H19. One of my most prized and most used item. It connects to a plethora of things including a Micro Altair 8800, a P112 CP/M system, a Coleco Adam in CP/M mode, a heathkit Hero Jr robot and an expanded heathkit ET-3400 trainer ?

Very cool!  I thought it looked something like that, classic "old-skool" computing right there!  Just hack a Gibson with that and you are on your way to taking over the world.  I can hear the keys clickity clacking right now. :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, matthew180 said:

@speccery The synth and Euro-Rack are making me really jealous.  Mine are still in boxes... :(  I also need to get me some of those "knobs to turn when I feel like it."  ?

Turning knobs is good :)

this is just a (small) subset of my synths. also my eurorack setup is much bigger than shown here, but due to lack of space the other larger case is not directly useable right now… anyway they say limits are good for creativity.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jrhodes said:

@FarmerPotato Curious about that template on your 4a keyboard.

I know little about it. I guess that it is a keyboard guide for use with a mouth stick.

I found it in a box of my dad’s TI stuff from before 1986, mostly related to assistive technology. 

It almost fits the 4A keyboard. It might have shrunk 5% from its intended dimensions. It feels like UV or epoxy resin, but I can’t decide if it was machined from a block, or if there was a mold. Some evidence either way but there are machine tooling marks (errors)

• Like 1