IGNORED

SOLD Selling my collection of loose Atari 2600 Carts

Waterborn

Been out of the collecting game for some time and came across a few drawers filled with loose Atari Carts. I still have a working console, but rarely bring it out anymore. So thinking of selling these as a lot. 94 loose carts. All were cleaned, tested and working when they were put away. Asking $600 plus shipping for all. That's just over $6 a cart. You can see what is there and do your own research on going rates. There are quite a few carts that currently go for $10 - $15 and a few higher end titles like H.E.R.O. in the mix to give some wiggle room. Since I have been out of the loop for a while, if you think the asking price is crazy, shoot me a pm with an offer. Worse case, I say no thanks.

IMG_6864.jpg

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

Edited by Waterborn
  • Like 1

The problem is that the going rate in lots is much lower than individual prices. By selling in a lot you are gaining the convenience of not having to ship out 100 carts individually, but you are sticking your buyer with carts they already have too. There’s awesome stuff there but there’s also plenty of stuff I’m used to seeing for $2.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

The problem is that the going rate in lots is much lower than individual prices. By selling in a lot you are gaining the convenience of not having to ship out 100 carts individually, but you are sticking your buyer with carts they already have too. There’s awesome stuff there but there’s also plenty of stuff I’m used to seeing for $2.

Completely understand that I could get more if I spent the time to price out and list each cart individually, which I may do if noboby wishes to buy the lot.

1 hour ago, Waterborn said:

Completely understand that I could get more if I spent the time to price out and list each cart individually, which I may do if noboby wishes to buy the lot.

That is not what he said. My take on this lot? If someone offered me $200 I'd take it and be happy.

• Like 4

I was curious what the going rate for these was, so I plugged them into PriceCharting. While it's not the end-all be-all, it's what's there.

https://www.pricecharting.com/lot/vb4z3ksjdc (this link does not include HERO, add it manually)

It values the lot at $962 plus $25 for Medieval Mayhem. I assumed the one Parker Bros cart was Threedeep, but adjust the price accordingly if not. So $600, while shockingly high to me, is apparently a pretty good price.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I was curious what the going rate for these was, so I plugged them into PriceCharting. While it's not the end-all be-all, it's what's there.

https://www.pricecharting.com/lot/vb4z3ksjdc (this link does not include HERO, add it manually)

It values the lot at $962 plus $25 for Medieval Mayhem. I assumed the one Parker Bros cart was Threedeep, but adjust the price accordingly if not. So $600, while shockingly high to me, is apparently a pretty good price.

Thanks for the input. I was using a combo of rarityguide.com and sold eBay listings to gauge price. I was not aware of pricecharting so thanks for the heads up on that as well. I have received several offers lower than my asking price but WELL above the $200 suggested above. Sadly though nobody has really followed up, so these carts are still available as of the time of this posting. BTW no Threedeep in this lot. I used to have that cart but sold it a long time ago.

27 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

What is the top left Parker Brothers cart? I think the rest of the hard to see ones are Star Wars Jedi Arena and Spider Man (or Strawberry Shortcake?)

Here are better pics of the Parker Bros carts and the other ones difficult to make out in the original photos.

Parker Bros.jpg

Activision Blue Label.jpg

Misc.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nopaybob said:

Seriously though put the 6 rarer games together in one auction they will go stupid high and after you peddle the rest you may get close to cake your trying to get.

As much as I despise eBay these days I may do just this. I have a few people kicking tires on the lot, so will wait until they bail (seems inevitable) then this is probably going up for auction. Just don't have the time, energy or will to sell these one by one.

• 2 weeks later...