Razzie.P

Kotaku Article -- not too favorable

Can't take seriously an article who says Tommy Tallarico follows "many white suppremacists" in Twitter. It looks like Tommy follows a former military guy, what's the deal with that?

Are we supposed to dislike the Amico because Tommy follows a former military general in Twitter? Jesus F. Christ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Tommy follows many right-wing, white supremacists on Twitter.

Yeah, and he's a straight white man. Tommy Tallarico is one of these absolute monsters.

I'm really, really tired of extremely racist and sexist people like "Zack Zwiezen" (the supposed name of the piece of shit who wrote the hit piece). Seriously, I just can't take it anymore. I just can't. I'm someone who is generally tolerant, but this level of racism and sexism is just too much for me. These people have become so insane, their need to hate has become so out of control, that they have no moral values left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

Are we supposed to dislike the Amico because Tommy follows a former military general in Twitter? Jesus F. Christ...

Pretty sure the part about Tommy following people like Tucker Carlson on twitter is the least of the worries of this article... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IntelliMission said:

Can't take seriously an article who says Tommy Tallarico follows "many white suppremacists" in Twitter. It looks like Tommy follows a former military guy, what's the deal with that?

I think it’s referring to Tommy following folks like Tomi Lahren and Tucker Carlson.  

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Papy said:

Yeah, and he's a straight white man. Tommy Tallarico is one of these absolute monsters.

I'm really, really tired of extremely racist and sexist people like "Zack Zwiezen" (the supposed name of the piece of shit who wrote the hit piece). Seriously, I just can't take it anymore. I just can't. I'm someone who is generally tolerant, but this level of racism and sexism is just too much for me. These people have become so insane, their need to hate has become so out of control, that they have no moral values left.

Sorry, where is the racism and sexism in the article? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, wow, that's absolutely terrible. I am generally willing to go along with the "Kotaku articles can't be trusted" argument, especially when they write about personality conflicts or the writer's opinion, but the news about Tommy following a bunch of right wing folks on Twitter shatters what I thought I knew about him. I won't start a political argument nor reply to anyone about it; but that turned the Amico from a "well might be bad but I will pay to support them" into a "I can no longer live with myself if I support this console" right quick. Too many friends and loved ones beaten, harassed, legislated into misery and pain and had racist BS thrown at, etc from the GOP crowd to allow my money to fund their lives if I can help it. That's an absolute dealbreaker for me. What a horrible personal bummer as I was actually looking forward to the Amico launching, but I just can't support people who hold those kind of beliefs. Gonna have to get a refund. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, and just because I wanted to check: He was still following those folks on Twitter as of a moment ago. 

2 hours ago, Papy said:

Good, then no one has to listen to you about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Papy said:

Hell of a take there dude

• Like 1

Following =/= endorsement, though? I can't say that I've ever seen TT promoting those particular "icons", let alone "liking" anything they post.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Oh, wow, that's absolutely terrible. I am generally willing to go along with the "Kotaku articles can't be trusted" argument, especially when they write about personality conflicts or the writer's opinion, but the news about Tommy following a bunch of right wing folks on Twitter shatters what I thought I knew about him. I won't start a political argument nor reply to anyone about it; but that turned the Amico from a "well might be bad but I will pay to support them" into a "I can no longer live with myself if I support this console" right quick. Too many friends and loved ones beaten, harassed, legislated into misery and pain and had racist BS thrown at, etc from the GOP crowd to allow my money to fund their lives if I can help it. That's an absolute dealbreaker for me. What a horrible personal bummer as I was actually looking forward to the Amico launching, but I just can't support people who hold those kind of beliefs. Gonna have to get a refund. 

The bizarre thing to me is refusing to purchase a product simply because they disagree politically with it's creator.  Isn't that an extreme version of prejudice in itself?  I am very sorry that you've had many friends and loved ones harmed, but perhaps stereotyping and boycotting others based on their beliefs is not the best response.  Fight hatred with love and support, not with more hatred and disgust.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Sorry, where is the racism and sexism in the article? 

The accusation of following "right-wing, white supremacists on Twitter" is ridiculous and always come from the woke crowd. The woke ideology is based entirely on extreme racism and sexism.

During my military service, I did witness and experience racism. About half the military personnel was far right. Also, 18 months of my military service was in French Guyana. When we arrived in Cayenne, we were told that those with a white skin should avoid going alone to certain parts of Cayenne after sunset to avoid being assaulted. One of the guys in my room believed that black people couldn't be racist, so he went anyway and he got beaten up only because of the color of his skin. He was lucky, because others ended up in the hospital after being stabbed.

I know what racism is. I witnessed it and I suffered from it. Once, I even ended up poisoned because of racism. However, neither the far right soldiers that I saw nor some of the black people in French Guyana were as racist as the woke crowd.

47 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

I just can't support people who hold those kind of beliefs. Gonna have to get a refund. 

This kind of virtue signaling only makes you look insane.

40 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

Good, then no one has to listen to you about it.

You're mistaken. When I say that I can't take it anymore, it means that I won't shut up about it anymore. As I said, I'm someone who is generally tolerant, but I have enough of racist people like you.

36 minutes ago, duderino81 said:

Hell of a take there dude

Read what I wrote to "jerseystyle".

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Who Tommy follows on social media isn't really the problem.  The author rightly points out Tommy can't resist battling with naysayers, made questionably legal statements regarding J. Allard, and there is no firm release date after 3 delays, among many other legitimate points about the Amico's hardware and development.  I've said before, Tommy is a liability now as the face of the Amico, but unfortunately he's never going to see it that way.  You think people with legit money involved want the SEC questioning the legality of Tommy's comments?  12 months ago things were different, the negativity was generally unfounded.  Now?  The idea that I'm supposed to remain optimistic in the face of some longstanding concerns is fanboy stuff.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well that didn't take long to devolve into a political shouting match.  Politics aren't allowed on AA, but then you all knew that.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1