IGNORED

PlusCart shell redux

Andrew Davie

Once again I find myself forced to make revisions to the PlusCart shell design.

In response to...

I do have one criticism and it does relate to the 3d printed shell. This may have been addressed already so if it has that is great.

There are specifically 2 issues with it:

First is that the corners of the cart from the bottom up, need to be tapered at about a 45° for about 2.5". I did this manually with a bar file and dremel because at first my cart would NOT fit into the 4 switcher I had on my bench at the time to test it. If I couldn't get it to fit into a 4switch cart slot, I knew it wasn't going to fit into a 7800 cart slot either so yeah... The DF cart has this done on it and it allows it to fit quite nicely into all variants of the 7800.

The second issue, is that the dust pegs are too long. Need to trim them up about a .5cm to a full cm back. Because they are static and do not retract, they could cause issues in 7800s. It is a similar issue to the Tigervision carts. 

Obviously this is the first report I've had of this, so I'd like to get feedback from anyone with a PlusCart shell to review all the changes needed. It's a bit of a problem that there have been quite a few revisions of the shell addressing the various issues that have come up - and I now regret not clearly labelling the shells in some way so that they can be identified.

Anyway, it is what it is.  I'd like some feedback on the above, specifically...

1) Do you have a machine in which your PlusCart does not fit properly?  What specifically needs to be adjusted.

It's a bit of a pain for me, because obviously I like to produce quality product. On the other hand I can't afford to design/print/ship stuff that brings in next to nothing financially and then have to spend money replacing it. I have another batch of 24 cartridges already printed, for example - and will I have to scrap these?  Clearly there's a lot of variation in the dimensions of cartridge slots. I have a version now which fits all my machines, and has wider tolerances than previous efforts. Also, now super-strong. It's a good design. 

But, the above report distresses me, and I'd like to fix/address the issues ASAP.

So, if you're a pluscart owner with a 3D shell could you please respond with comments/suggestions.

I only mentioned what I did when I noticed it wouldn't fit into the slot of a 4switcher I was servicing at the time I received my cart. Filing down the corners of the cart with about a 45° taper about 2 inches from the bottom up took care of this. It still rubs a little when inserting the cart into my 7800.

In looking at the dust pegs again and comparing them with other carts, they actually look they are fine on the length. I haven't tried it in a stock 7800 but it did seem to seat all the way down on a 2600jr. Although the corners were still a tad tight when inserting it.

I believe my cartridge shell is one of the just prior versions where the plus cart symbol is a separate piece from the rest of the cart that is on the back and it has white colored dust door pegs if that helps?

9 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I only mentioned what I did when I noticed it wouldn't fit into the slot of a 4switcher I was servicing at the time I received my cart. Filing down the corners of the cart with about a 45° taper about 2 inches from the bottom up took care of this. It still rubs a little when inserting the cart into my 7800.

In looking at the dust pegs again and comparing them with other carts, they actually look they are fine on the length. I haven't tried it in a stock 7800 but it did seem to seat all the way down on a 2600jr. Although the corners were still a tad tight when inserting it.

I believe my cartridge shell is one of the just prior versions where the plus cart symbol is a separate piece from the rest of the cart that is on the back and it has white colored dust door pegs if that helps?

OK, TY.

I will send you a replacement, please PM me your address.