IGNORED

Nukey Shay (Kurt Howe) has died. :(

Albert

On 9/19/2021 at 8:44 PM, NE146 said:

Man I'm super saddened by this.. there are just a few people on AA I feel an affinity with or feel like I "know", and Nukey was one of them. He was there from the start of this whole AA experience spanning the 2 decades. Anyway, although many of you might predictably mock this, it doesn't matter to me: He is 100% in my prayers.

I do not believe mocking people that pray or people that died.

People that mock other people for praying is a disrespectful move to put it mildly. People mocking deaths is disrespectful also. I've prayed plenty of times including those in life threatening situations.

Praying is normal including for what you did for Nukey Shay. 

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 4

On 9/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is broadcasting a tribute stream to the legacy of Nukey Shay / Kurt Howe and playing some of his amazing hacks on tomorrow's (Tue Sep 28, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day. I hope you'll be able to join us in remembering Kurt and his incredible contributions to the homebrew community!

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Didn't know he was involved with Another Adventure. What a great tribute. RIP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The moment I read the title of the thread, my heart sank. I really enjoyed all the stuff Nukey has made, such as Pac-Man 8K, Hack 'em, Pac-Man Arcade Enhanced, Galaxian - Expanded, Space Invaders Deluxe, and even Ms. Hack. I played them a lot on various emulators and even the Atari Flashback Portable console. RIP Nukey, I hope you are in a better place now. Thank you for being one of the best Atari 2600 hackers of all time.

maxresdefault (3).jpg

images.png

maxresdefault (2).jpg

post-7623-0-38297600-1322002941.png

vgame122.gif

vgame121.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away from the forums for a while, so I'm just now catching up on some news.  Very sad to see this.  Not only were his hacks extraordinary, so was his willingness to help others, including me, discover the magic of hacking Atari games.  My prayers to his family and friends.  To all of us.

• 1 month later...

RIP Nukey, you will forever be missed, but also you will never be forgotten, as evident by all of your work you have contributed to the AtariAge community over the years.

My condolences go out to his family. :( 

First Curt Vendel, and now yet another Atari legend passes on.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

WOW!!  I can't believe it.  I don't reply or post much, but I've played all of Nukey's hacks on the flashback portable and more recently on my 3DS via the R4 card and wave motion Dave's updated Stella emulators.  I took a break from Atariage for a while for personal reasons and this is my first night back on here.  He was obviously way too young.  I know I'm probably repeating what everyone else has said on here, but Nukey was a genius and an Atari Legend.  I was reading some old posts of him voicing his frustration with MS. Hack.  I wish, assuming he didn't know this already, that it works perfectly on my 3DS.  Not sure if it's because of the 3DS or the fact that StellaDS has been updating several times a week and now the latest version is at 5.8.  Sorry for the long rant, but I'm just really bummed right now.😭

• Sad 2

This is devastating to hear. I'm not on here as much as I have been in the past so this is the first I'm hearing of this. I had wondered about him last time I logged in. Hadn't seen his avatar in awhile. Nukey always felt like a cornerstone of this community. RIP Sheik Yerbouti :(

My first post on AtariAge -- back in 2005 -- was a thread requesting an old Atari BASIC machine language subroutine from Compute magazine. This was when these magazines weren't readily available on the net like they are now. @Nukey Shay replied with a copy of it in quick order.

GET and PUT graphics

A really great guy, with a lot of knowledge. Sorry to see you go.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1