IGNORED

lotz-o-games .hd for Geneve

hloberg

51 minutes ago, mizapf said:

On the disk image that I posted above.

Let me guess: You defined the Joystick as keys on the keyboard (like 8_PAD for "P1 up") but you did not disable the setting for the key "KP 8". In this case, every time you press keypad 8 for up, you will also send the key to the emulated keyboard, and this makes you teleport somewhere else.

I was using a real joystick with a joystick-USB adapter, as I already mentioned above.

you are so very right. I used the joystick and it plays just fine. I think I'm going to have this start as a batch then put a note to use the joystick only.

Edited by hloberg

16 minutes ago, mizapf said:

If you use the HFDC (real or on the MAME Geneve emulation), you can put the files in the E:\DSK1 directory (or whatever drive letter you use). File searches on DSK1. will start in E:\DSK1 before falling back to the drive DSK1.

I thought about doing that for some of the stuff but with the 128 file limit it'll accumulate fast not to mention some of the files from different games have the same file name such as 'game'. SO i'm just going to put the more significant games there.

Edited by hloberg

using joystick doesn't help on Moon Patrol though. I guess that one is just out for now. Still, got Defender to work, qualified that is, so that's a win.

oh, I checked over the old 9640 News and didn't see anything there about a patch for moon patrol there.

Edited by hloberg

56 minutes ago, hloberg said:

I thought about doing that for some of the stuff but with the 128 file limit it'll accumulate fast not to mention some of the files from different games have the same file name such as 'game'. SO i'm just going to put the more significant games there.

Back in those days when I played Infocom adventures on my Geneve with the 80-column interpreter for the TI, I had to swap the game files in and out of the DSK1 directory, and the problem was in fact that the game files had the same names. Hence, I wrote two scripts "INST" and "DINST" for installation and uninstallation of the files for each Infocom adventure (including the savegames). So I had directories like \GAMES\ADVENT\DEADLINE, \GAMES\ADVENT\ZORK1, \GAMES\ADVENT\ZORK2, ... and each one had a copy of those INST/DINST scripts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

Back in those days when I played Infocom adventures on my Geneve with the 80-column interpreter for the TI, I had to swap the game files in and out of the DSK1 directory, and the problem was in fact that the game files had the same names. Hence, I wrote two scripts "INST" and "DINST" for installation and uninstallation of the files for each Infocom adventure (including the savegames). So I had directories like \GAMES\ADVENT\DEADLINE, \GAMES\ADVENT\ZORK1, \GAMES\ADVENT\ZORK2, ... and each one had a copy of those INST/DINST scripts.

I found some infocoms that will work on HD but that's a good idea for the games with the same names or just need DSK1. I can just copy the files to DSK1 when run from game batch and do garbage collection on DSK1 some time later.

RE: my goal wasn't to get every piece of software from the TI99 to run on the Geneve. Just enough to make it a more useful.

i am using it to run 80-column applications in TI Mode (as not all 80 column work with F18A on the TI).  Rest I mainly run on the TI like games.

And in MDOS mode to test some programs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hloberg said:

microsoft multiplan won't look for it's files in HDS1.DSK1 but insist on looking for them on the DSK1. floppy.  XB & other stuff look on HDS1.DSK1 so I know I got it set up right. any thoughts on why?

Was it not something to do with the disk name called TIMP (TI Multiplan). Out of my head

12 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

For many of the Infocom games, just use the native OS interpreter - INF - that can be found on some of the distribution disks/images.  The game files can be loaded from any device, and the entire game is loaded into memory versus cached.

Yes, this is one of those recent discoveries that I wished I had back in those days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, globeron said:

Was it not something to do with the disk name called TIMP (TI Multiplan). Out of my head

doh, that's right. forgot about that. probably why the standard version does that.

I did find a RAG converted MP that 'supposed' to fix needing the disk but you have to patch the program with the location of your files. I did not want to do that if needed be because, well, I have no idea what the instructions are talking about. :)

but if anyone smarter than me wants to take a whack at it, here are the files.

mp-rag.zip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, globeron said:

On the real Geneve The Q*BE starts (hear sounds, but screen is black), loaded via EA5  (via GPL650, XBEA).

This is the problem that the Q*Bert fix corrected. I believe it was posted in Micropendium, along with fixes for TI LOGO and Video Chess. I remember applying all three of them to cartridge files I'd dumped for my Geneve. The LOGO and Video Chess fixes worked on the International versions of the cartridges as well--the strings to change were the same, but the locations were different, IIRC.

• Like 2

here is the Delphi post of the qbert fix:

This is another brief file that will help you to fix a program (QBERT) made for
the TI-99/4A so that you can use it on the new Geneve 9640.

HOW TO GET QBERT RUNNING ON GENEVE
----------------------------------
by Massimo Cariboni
Via Agadir,2B
20097 SAN DONATO MILANESE (MI)
ITALY

Here's the tip on how modify QBERT for making it running on Geneve 9640 and
TI99/4A.

1) Copy on a blank diskette the files QBERT and QBERT1 saved with GRAMKER or
Peter Hoddie's program CS.

2) Using a sector editor, look for the following sequence:
02200100D8008C020280880016F7045B.  Now Change 8800 into 8700.  Sector to be
modified on my QBERT version is located at sector 34 (H22), offset 136 (Hex
88).

3) Save the sector just modified.

4) QBERT is now ready to be enjoyed even on the Geneve 9640.

&WARNING!

This modify is only for personal use and anyway for QBERT owners.  Distributing
modified copies of QBERT may infringe Parker Brothers copyright.  For any kind
of further information, please fell free to leave a message for me (Massimo
Cariboni) through the mailbox PAPERINO (Daniele Marini) here on DELPHI.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hloberg said:

here is the Delphi post of the qbert fix:

This is another brief file that will help you to fix a program (QBERT) made for
the TI-99/4A so that you can use it on the new Geneve 9640.

HOW TO GET QBERT RUNNING ON GENEVE
----------------------------------
by Massimo Cariboni
Via Agadir,2B
20097 SAN DONATO MILANESE (MI)
ITALY

Here's the tip on how modify QBERT for making it running on Geneve 9640 and
TI99/4A.

1) Copy on a blank diskette the files QBERT and QBERT1 saved with GRAMKER or
Peter Hoddie's program CS.

2) Using a sector editor, look for the following sequence:
02200100D8008C020280880016F7045B.  Now Change 8800 into 8700.  Sector to be
modified on my QBERT version is located at sector 34 (H22), offset 136 (Hex
88).

3) Save the sector just modified.

4) QBERT is now ready to be enjoyed even on the Geneve 9640.

&WARNING!

This modify is only for personal use and anyway for QBERT owners.  Distributing
modified copies of QBERT may infringe Parker Brothers copyright.  For any kind
of further information, please fell free to leave a message for me (Massimo
Cariboni) through the mailbox PAPERINO (Daniele Marini) here on DELPHI.

qb3.dskqBERT.dskqb.dsk

in Mame I can get it to work with the XB loader method (no alteration), but with the real Geneve not. 

I have used the Sector editor built-in TimageTool and also used SECTORONE editor but I cannot find the pattern

02200100D8008C020280880016F7045B

the qb.dsk is the one with QBERT and QBERT1 on it (from the Gramcard). 

(maybe the format is a bit different than GramKracker, I have a GK and Gramulator here for my TI)

The other disks are from HD1 disk of hloberg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I used the two files you provided, @globeron. The first file contains the string in question (I moved the file to my PC as a straight dump from TIImage Tool and opened it with Hexedit).

qb(fix).dsk 360 kB · 1 download

okay got it to work now MDOS 7.3,  GPL650, XBEA  (load via Extended Basic) and then the loads via the load program.

Edit: I found it in QB3   (in search you need to group with pairs to find the pattern)

image.thumb.png.42e912c78e25dc792d1adedf973bb654.png

Fixed disk

qb3.dsk

image.png

Edited by globeron