IGNORED

lotz-o-games .hd for Geneve

hloberg

3 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Hex-editors look at byte values, so 7045B probably evaluates as >07 >04 >5B. I think you want >F7 >04 >5B.

-Perhaps.:-D

Thank you that was it to find the string!

The fixed disk of Ksarul / James - I now can see the pattern as well, but the screen does not work.

I load via MDOS 7.3  and GPL650   then director  DSK1.QBERT  (and loads QBERT1 after that)  I can see number of players,

then it goes black (and hear the game sound). 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I used the two files you provided, @globeron. The first file contains the string in question (I moved the file to my PC as a straight dump from TIImage Tool and opened it with Hexedit).

qb(fix).dsk 360 kB · 3 downloads

... I just see there are two versions on the disk (I did not list it before)

The Q-BERT and Q-BERT1   works to load it directly with MDOS 7.3 and GPL650.

Thanks for all the help with this!      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, globeron said:

I load via MDOS 7.3  and GPL650   then director  DSK1.QBERT  (and loads QBERT1 after that)  I can see number of players,

then it goes black (and hear the game sound). 

Sadly, I don't know much about these things. I recognize >16F7(JNE, back about 7 words) and the ever popular >045B(RT/B *R11). 

Sounds like Ksarul does!

:)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, globeron said:

... I just see there are two versions on the disk (I did not list it before)

The Q-BERT and Q-BERT1   works to load it directly with MDOS 7.3 and GPL650.

Thanks for all the help with this!      

I'm going to release a complete 9640 Geneve package soon on by Project Blog complete with Docs. I just added Fortran, 9640 Psystem, 9640 Assembler and Forth to the package. working through the confused mess that Funnel Web 80 and 'C' has become. It looks to all be there just needs straightening out and documented.

I'll add the new-and-improved Qbert to the games.

When I loaded the file into Hex Edit, I used the entire string for my search parameter: 02200100D8008C020280880016F7045B. I then changed the 8800 in that found string to 8700 and saved it. I added those saved files to the qb(fix) disk under a new set of names (Q-BERT and Q-BERT1). That pair of fixed files should have worked perfectly on a Geneve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ksarul said:

When I loaded the file into Hex Edit, I used the entire string for my search parameter: 02200100D8008C020280880016F7045B. I then changed the 8800 in that found string to 8700 and saved it. I added those saved files to the qb(fix) disk under a new set of names (Q-BERT and Q-BERT1). That pair of fixed files should have worked perfectly on a Geneve.

It did!  (and now I found a nice Hex Editor as result).

• Like 3

After several days messing with the PSYS on the Geneve, I'm not going to put it on the final. Too many issues (see notes under PSYS on Geneve post). Also throwing in towel on FW. TIC works fine on the 9640 and FW is such a disorganized mess since so many people have modified it. I don't know where to begin and it would take too long for too little since TIC does the same.

The Halloween version of TIC is a bit more forgiving with respect to memory allocation, so you may want to include that version and the latest version.  (I think 1.63 and 1.67 are the two respective version numbers)

Does QBERT work with GPL 7.30?  I ask because you mention GPL 6.5 which does not contain the fixes implemented in the later version.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

The Halloween version of TIC is a bit more forgiving with respect to memory allocation, so you may want to include that version and the latest version.  (I think 1.63 and 1.67 are the two respective version numbers)

Does QBERT work with GPL 7.30?  I ask because you mention GPL 6.5 which does not contain the fixes implemented in the later version.

looks like @mizapf posted 3.40 of TASM. I show I have version 1.67 of TIC.

as for Qbert, I just discovered the reason I never had any issues is I run it through XB2.6 in Geneve.

Anyone using the new Qbert with the fix in 7.30 MYGPL ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Just tested again (first I had some graphic issues when Qbert was on the dish going to the top, it seems to be all okay now. 

First load &TIM2 then with GPL 7.3 0, MYGPL  and also with GPL 6.50

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, globeron said:

Just tested again (first I had some graphic issues when Qbert was on the dish going to the top, it seems to be all okay now. 

First load &TIM2 then with GPL 7.3 0, MYGPL  and also with GPL 6.50

thanks for testing. on the 'soon to be released' Geneve package I have Qbert running through XB2.7. I'll will now also add it as a MYGPL batch too. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 7:24 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

Ah, yes, now I understand.  Mention this as well in a month.  I will need to look more closely at EXEC before I can say if this is do-able, but it certainly is possible.

been more than a month but here is the mention for MYGPL and EXEC adding run time switches for speed.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:56 PM, hloberg said:

been more than a month but here is the mention for MYGPL and EXEC adding run time switches for speed.

I've been occupied with family-related stuff the past few months and probably won't get to much before next year.  This work is still still on my to do list.  Thanks for the reminder. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I've been occupied with family-related stuff the past few months and probably won't get to much before next year.  This work is still still on my to do list.  Thanks for the reminder. 

no problem. I'll just bug you again come next April. :)

• Like 1