IGNORED

Atari 1040STF 2.5mb For Sale- !!!! SOLD!!!!

Paul Westphal

Hi Guys! I got another one fixed up for ya!

This Atari 1040STf has :

- Power supply has been rebuilt with capacitors and main motherboard capacitors have been replaced.

- Has RF Modulator!

- No aluminum top shield - I always leave them off.

- Completely taken apart and cleaned with rubbing alcohol/Qtips. Case plastic and keys are scubbed as well.

- Has a 2.5mb RAM upgrade! / No blitter.

- TOS 1.2 / 2 Chip - Can be easily upgraded to TOS 1.4.

- Refurbished ( like new ) floppy drive. The top case was carefully trimmed with a dremel to accomodate the floppy button.

This is what I do - Visit Eightbitfix.com for street cred.

This is a great games machine, especially with a ASC2STF hard drive emulator! I was testing the machine with the ASC2STF HD Emulator with a special 1gb disk image that is more friendly to TOS 1.2 / 1.4.and it ran most games fine.

Here is a video of the machine running in said configuration : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE6-2L_y2E8&t=35s

She's a pretty solid system. I'm asking $200 + shipping from Portland Oregon. $150.00 without the floppy drive.

PM me if interested.. If you don't like this one, I have others in the toaster.. just wait..

IMG_4747.JPG

IMG_4750.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

IMG_4767.JPG

Edited by Paul Westphal
  • Like 2

Consider the blitter an advanced graphics chip. Ram is separate. Ideally you want lots of ram to run hard drive adaptations of games and the blitter chip for better scrolling and more colors. Hope that helps. I was once where you are at and kind people answered my questions,  so I’m paying it forward. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Thank you! It sounded like there was a causal link between extra RAM and no blitter - just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the case!

The Blitter was introduced with the Mega series.  The original 520 ST and 1040STf didnt have the Blitter chip.