IGNORED

Wanted: Older Super Everdrive

eightbit

I am looking for an older Super Everdrive if anyone has one. I am looking to spend no more than $30-$40, but I don't want a Chinese knock off. I am looking for an official Krikzz model.

The new Super Everdrives today are not that pricey (Amazon for around $70) and I know they do things like instant load and have other options. But, I don't care about all of that if I can save some money. Maybe someone has upgraded a few times over since the original release and still has it to offload?

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

If you’re worried about Chinese knockoffs not working right, worry not. Perhaps this won’t really convince you, but I’ve bought a few Chinese knockoff everdrives and they work flawlessly. If you’re looking to save money clones are the way to go. 

Advocating knockoffs is a crummy attitude. Aside from that, the bootlegs are not going to last as long because substandard components are used to shave pennies off the build cost.  It's usually the voltage regulation that's first to go.

3 hours ago, Bratwurst said:

Advocating knockoffs is a crummy attitude. Aside from that, the bootlegs are not going to last as long because substandard components are used to shave pennies off the build cost.  It's usually the voltage regulation that's first to go.

If knockoffs are just as good as legit ones, I have no problem saying that they are. Besides, he was looking to buy a used one regardless. Krikzz isn’t making any money either way. 

I’ve had mine for what, three months? Had no problem so far with anything. I suppose we’ll have to see what happens in the future. If a voltage regulator does go wrong, it’ll be trivial to find a replacement and fix.  

Just my 2 cents on this topic:

I can’t speak for all of the everdrives that krikzz makes for all of the systems, but I can tell you that with regards to the NES ever drive, that much to the dismay of the owners, the Chinese knockoffs were found to have compatibility issues. As when the really cool NES Sim City rom was released, it only worked on official krikzz everdrives. It plays the audio but it displays all corrupted sprites and garbled graphics.

3 hours ago, thanatos said:

Didn't I buy one from you years ago?  (No, I don't really want to sell it back.) :-D

I believe you did ;) I upgraded a few times, then sold it all off. 

Then, someone gave me a SNES and here I am...rinsing and repeating...lol!

On the topic of the knock offs, I have had some of these in the past and yes they work fine for the most part. However, as said previously, they do use some shoddy components in some of these. Considering SNES consoles are not as cheaply obtainable as they were 20 years ago I would rather not risk frying it over saving a few bucks.

If I have to bite the bullet and pay the $70 or $80 it is for a modern Super Everdrive I will, but if I have the chance to pick up the old model for half price it would be cool. Not to mention I have a lot of full sized SD cards on hand which the old model used to accept.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, thanatos said:

Didn't I buy one from you years ago?  (No, I don't really want to sell it back.) :-D

Lol, no lie, I did have to look to be certain-

Me too.

:D
I got a boxed Super Famicom from him a while back, haha, has a decent Everdrive with it, would slot into an NTSC system just fine.

Trouble is, I use it-my original flashcart was a NeoFlash, and, while interesting, plus I was/am a mod for their(likely defunct)forums, it's kinda a steaming pile of crap, lol.

I dunno, tho, Man-hindsight 20/20, all that-mebbe spring for the bells and whistles, it's no fair, not being able to play FX chip games.

No question-I DO feel bad having something that was yours, that you kinda need now...

:(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

No question-I DO feel bad having something that was yours, that you kinda need now...

:(

Don't :) Easy come easy go I say. I sold it when I did because I didn't need it anymore. Not the first time and I am sure not the last that I need something again years after I sell it off...lol! I'm sure I will get one eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1