IGNORED

Lynx Homebrews Strongly in Need of a Cart Release

Rick Dangerous

There have been so many solid homebrews released for the Lynx in the last 5-10 years, but only a tiny fraction of them actually made it to cart.  What are your top picks that really justify the time and energy for a cart/box/manual full realease.  For me its:

-Mortal Kombat (When finished) 

-Assembloids

-On Duty (great run and gunner) 

And i'm sure many other i can't think of right now.  What am i missing, and what do YOU think should make it to Cart?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, karri said:

Had a boxed release at PRGE when the competition results were announced.

Hi Karri, I missed this message back in the days and was actually trying to find a copy of this game somewhere a few weeks ago.

Any chance on a cart only release to skip the hassle of boxes?

• Like 1

On Duty did not score so well on the 30 year competition so I kind of lost interest in making a big release of it.

When the world opens again I may grab with me the copies I have left to some retro event. The post office still sucks imho. So I don't like the idea of mailing stuff right now.

1 minute ago, Rick Dangerous said:

You were robbed, anyone who took the time to play through it would realize it's a real gem with depth that is also great fun. 

Thanks! I hope you like the game. I just posted it. (Only to test if the US post works. Or to find out if your Post Master crippled the service for good.)

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, thefred said:

Would you be willing to sell me a copy? I purchased quite a few of your games from you in the past and had a good time with all of them. I also inquired about purchasing a boxed copy a while back. I don't mind the postage time, but would prefer to upgrade to priority shipping.

My experience at the "so called post office" is not suitable for print on a site that can be seen by minors.

[whining on]

In the old days we had a real post office that was always great. Now they have outsourced the services to news stands. Every time I send something the price is different, the available services are different. Like this time the guy charged me around 4€ to send the letter to the US as priority. According to my calculations it should have been 7.80€ plus 6.75€ for tracking. Needless to say I could not buy tracking this time. Because the guy claimed that this service is not available. Sigh... Incompetence... Or old info on my side... This is the main reason why I prefer selling games at a retro event.

I could take the bus for 20min to get to a real post office to get the stuff out properly. But it takes at least an hour extra of my time.

[whining off]

@thefred, I should have your mail address on my old deliveries. I PM you later.

• Like 1

In addition to everything mentioned here, I too was gonna say that I really like Dr.Ludos games.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:31 AM, neogeo1982 said:

What about Alien. The strategy one from the first movie. That looks like good one.

Alien looks like it could be a really involving great game and the final version Amiga/ST style graphics are gorgeous! I've tried it a few times, but I couldn't get a hang of it as much as would've liked. I read the rules yesterday, and it seems to have a somewhat steep learning curve in contrast to the simple arcade games that I usually play nowadays. Got to give it another shot soon again.
https://www.c64-wiki.com/wiki/Alien

GadgetUK mentioning in the Alien thread that a release would be unlikely due to copyright stuff. Might be that not that big changes would have to be done to make it a sellable "almost alien game", but yeah, might not always be that much fun revisiting old projects.
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/229883-alien-final-version/#comments

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx

On 9/21/2021 at 8:29 AM, karri said:

On Duty did not score so well on the 30 year competition so I kind of lost interest in making a big release of it.

When the world opens again I may grab with me the copies I have left to some retro event. The post office still sucks imho. So I don't like the idea of mailing stuff right now.

I emailed you asking about buying a physical copy of On Duty and you told me to watch out for it on your online shop. I kept checking and never saw it. I was going to email you again, but didn't want to keep bothering you. I doubt I'd ever get the chance to see you in person at a retro event, so if there's any other way to buy one let me know. I've bought your previous games and enjoyed them.

• Like 1