IGNORED

What is your info source for Switch cart releases?

Rick Dangerous

I buy very few digital games on my switch.  Pretty much only carts.  I think it will likely be the last great system to collect physical games for as they are carts and not optical media (thus more durable) and all the Big 3 will go purely digital after this gen i'm sure of it (and thus ends my game collecting hobby)...we are more than halfway there already. 

So that being said, i live in a small town and only the local Walmart has switch games, and their variety is pretty terrible, it's only the big releases really.  So between there and Limited Run Games is where i've been getting my switch releases.  I'm building up a backlog list of "to buy" games now from this list:

Nintendo Switch Games (Physical Releases): The Complete List - Geeky Hobbies

But it was last updated Feb 2021. Does anyone know where there is:

-A much more updated (and regularly updated) list of all physically released games for Nintendo Switch

-A list of games being released in the coming months getting a physical release?

It's tricky with the E-shop being in the mixed (looks like a great deal of shovelware to me) finding out exactly whats getting a physical release.  Thanks and any tips appreciated. 

Edited by Rick Dangerous

Not sure how accurate this is, but while this is a deals site, you can sort by physical only.

https://www.dekudeals.com/games?filter[format]=physical

It lists over a 1000 physical titles.

Seems it has more sorting tools for date, including future.  Try this for 2021 and currently sorts from 12/31/21 and backward from there, even has a few for 2022 posted too.

https://www.dekudeals.com/games?filter[format]=physical&filter[release_year]=2021&sort=release_date

Edited by Tanooki
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 3:23 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

I buy very few digital games on my switch.  Pretty much only carts.  I think it will likely be the last great system to collect physical games for as they are carts and not optical media (thus more durable) and all the Big 3 will go purely digital after this gen i'm sure of it (and thus ends my game collecting hobby)...we are more than halfway there already. 

So that being said, i live in a small town and only the local Walmart has switch games, and their variety is pretty terrible, it's only the big releases really.  So between there and Limited Run Games is where i've been getting my switch releases.  I'm building up a backlog list of "to buy" games now from this list:

Nintendo Switch Games (Physical Releases): The Complete List - Geeky Hobbies

But it was last updated Feb 2021. Does anyone know where there is:

-A much more updated (and regularly updated) list of all physically released games for Nintendo Switch

-A list of games being released in the coming months getting a physical release?

It's tricky with the E-shop being in the mixed (looks like a great deal of shovelware to me) finding out exactly whats getting a physical release.  Thanks and any tips appreciated. 

I try to keep this updated as much as possible. I check it every two weeks or so. This may not have everything you want as I only track stuff for the US but hopefully it helps a little

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:00 PM, Tanooki said:

Hey just a heads up it's a free one, but Sky Children of the Light just arrived on Switch, it's free to play, true free... pay is 100% optional where you can throw little kudos basically at other people for sport just to support the game.  It's a beauty, made by the Flower/Journey people.

You had me at “Flower/Journey” people. Journey is one of the games I always go back to annually and play.  

• Like 1

Seems nice, just very split between other things currently so I can't say I've been able to drop some good time on it.  Now my kid got me to tolerate putting minecraft on my pc after like a decade.  It has evolved that's for sure.  Similar but a bit different from the ancient java version of so many years ago.  Never got a good map on that so I'd dig until I got bored then ignore it for a stretch.  It seems it takes this new version to discover diamond, redstone, blue stone down near the 0 depth, yet strangely I've not found any natural caverns, lava, and other odd junk the old one had.