IGNORED

Great Games For Kids

MrBeefy

So the wife and I thought this looked cute. I had a chance to play this with Baby Beefy and it was fun! Obviously for younger kids. It was neat because they had a few of their cartoons in the game. Worth the $5 on sale right now IMO.

Have there been any kids games you/your kids had fun playing? 

• Like 1

My daughter was obsessed with Animal Crossing in the early part of the pandemic, probably because it was so chill and sweet, and you could make your own goals or just hang out. Her friends were into it at the same time, which was nice that they had a shared fad. I was able to get her an RFID card with a character that shared her name as a birthday gift last year.

And then *poof* one day the obsession vanished, and like any kid does, she moved on to other stuff like poppits and squishnallows. She seems to be done with all video games for the foreseeable future, which is fine too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flojomojo said:

My daughter was obsessed with Animal Crossing in the early part of the pandemic, probably because it was so chill and sweet, and you could make your own goals or just hang out. Her friends were into it at the same time, which was nice that they had a shared fad. I was able to get her an RFID card with a character that shared her name as a birthday gift last year.

And then *poof* one day the obsession vanished, and like any kid does, she moved on to other stuff like poppits and squishnallows. She seems to be done with all video games for the foreseeable future, which is fine too.

You make a good point about kids fixating and moving on; both my kids did that, too.  Mom and Dad are the ones that have consistently played since they were etching the games into stone tablets, lol.

The Youngest after a several-month stretch of not playing suddenly got into Skyrim, the Eldest got back into Minecraft, but I don't expect it to last.  ;)

• Like 1

I feel that bouncing off games is more the norm than getting addicted and sucked in. The first is a waste of money, the second is a waste of time. 

I’m guilty of both! So I don’t mind the recent trends of free-to-play games at all.

I’ve seen kids sit through repetitive, intrusive advertising because to them, that’s just how games are when you’re not playing on old-style machines. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, digdugnate said:

We enjoyed 'Yoshi's Crafted World', it has a neat aesthetic and good co-op (for the most part).

Yoshi and Kirby have been great "go-to" games for me to play with my daughter.   They've always been good enough for me to enjoy, but simple enough to play with the kiddos going back to when she was  4 or so.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...