onlyinajeep

TI99/4a Lot, ebay, Why So Much?

On 9/25/2021 at 4:36 AM, oddemann said:

Norway... Bid war for a TI with a game and M. Memory!

So fare it is at $116, I think that this is the top.

https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=218829470

NOW it is at $188 and I think this is a "made by the seller" storm. Seller is trying it all. He had set the price to $582 at one point. It started out at $290. He think that this is gold 😛 hehehehe I am pretty sure it is the seller making storm in a glass, as only 2 are interested in the computer.

• Sad 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:52 AM, Schmitzi said:

We are rich !!!  🤣

especially you as the ti-99 console collector

• Haha 1

Crap like this chaps my hide. 😠  Bad VDP RAM, does not respond to a key-press, missing trim, no cables (including power suppy,) and so much more wrong, asking $50 OBO.

Hell nah.  At most, $10 plus shipping, at best just pay shipping.  I simply cannot accept anyone believes something like this is worth as much as they ask.

EDIT: OOOoooohhhh this is the same guy posting other garbage consoles in the $50 range.

1932474492_Screenshot-2021-10-2VintageTexasInstrumentsTI-994AComputerConsolePHC004APowersOn(21-227)33317010011eBay.thumb.png.5ae7b9ed653c584d449da63d3162b9ae.png

1700386763_Screenshot-2021-10-2VintageTexasInstrumentsTI-994AComputerConsolePHC004APowersOn(21-227)33317010011eBay(1).thumb.png.cfc8beea0d48976ba552c4a370b8fd08.png

• Sad 1

He should offer to send it to someone AND he should pay half of the shipping and include chaps lotion!

Stay away from ebay

Edited by GDMike

While I agree staying away from ebay is overall a great idea, sometimes it is not possible to get something such as a Ti99/4A outside of ebay. Unless of course you wait some time and one shows up here. 

But, I find the best luck on an "untested" system is to find a seller that is selling it complete in box if possible and looking like it is in good shape. If that same seller is also selling items that have nothing to do with computers (ie: stamps, old table lamps, tools, etc) there is a really good chance it is just someone who really just has no idea how to test it and just found it in storage or at an estate sale.

I have followed this method of thought when seeking vintage computers on ebay over the years and I do not think I ever got one that did not completely work. I mean, maybe needed some TLC in some way, but they were never damaged in any way by the user....and I always got them to work.

I may just be lucky tho ;)

• Like 2

Ok. Yes I'm a little exaggerated probably. But I'm sick of the games of, it's free, just pay the$200 shipping, you know what I mean..

I don't think ebay is going anywhere or even cares about us. They've actually gotten rid of talking to us altogether by voice. No matter what the issue is.

I won't give them my money

• Like 1

I gave away a better system that the ones listed for outrageous amounts.

• Sad 1