IGNORED

Mostly complete Adam, tips for setup

Richlb

I have been in possession of a boxed Coleco Adam for about 20 years. I recently opened it up. On first glance it's not fully complete but appears to have most of the stuff in the box. This weekend I want to try and set it up. Any tips? It had one of the disk drives in the box but not seeing a power adapter for it. It's a separate one from the printer power supply right? Do I need to buy a replacement power supply? Are they hard to come by?

12 minutes ago, Richlb said:

I have been in possession of a boxed Coleco Adam for about 20 years. I recently opened it up. On first glance it's not fully complete but appears to have most of the stuff in the box. This weekend I want to try and set it up. Any tips? It had one of the disk drives in the box but not seeing a power adapter for it. It's a separate one from the printer power supply right? Do I need to buy a replacement power supply? Are they hard to come by?

Disk drives as in floppy?  Or do you mean the digital data pack drive in the Adam?  Cause if you mean that the printer powers the Adam, there is no separate power supply.

12 minutes ago, Richlb said:

This has a disk drive in addition to two data pack drives in the machine. Just wondering since I don't see a separate cable for that floppy disk drive whether it hooks to the printer or needs its own power supply, and if they are something standard and easy to get.

Ah, OK I don't have a separate disk drive but yes it should have its own power pack.  Here's a boxed drive on eBay for reference:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/COLECO-ADAM-5-1-4-Disk-Drive-ColecoVision-COMPUTER-RARE-NOT-COMPLETE-CIB-RARE-/265235477619?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

49 minutes ago, Richlb said:

This one says it's not complete, and the pics don't show a power supply so that must be what's missing. I'll Google around to try and find one. I have a feeling it's going to be something impossible to find.

Sorry, I should have said look at the box, that's where I saw it needs a power supply.