IGNORED

The Dallas Quest - cartridge conversion.

Wilheim

Hi, all!

After having a chat with Nir, he asked me if I can convert The Dallas Quest to cartridge. Well, here's my effort so far. Did some tricks to deal with the disk swapping, and tried to patch the game as less as possible.

These are conversions to Atarimax, Switchable XEGS and Megacart formats. You can't save the game on these conversions, so you have to play it from the beggining every time.

Enjoy!

The Dallas Quest cartridge.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

You can do save games on AtariMax if you add it, you can peruse examples of it in some other cart conversions.. some do direct saves other do a little flash disk area on the AtariMax... same goes for AVG cart/

Edited by _The Doctor__

4 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

You could have used this?

Nope, I wasn't even aware of this. That would definitevely made things easier. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

@Wilheim already did that with the AR:Dungeon if I recall and so the same principal could apply here. 

It's doable, by patching the save/load game routines. This was a quick conversion, without overthinking on it.

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

I can't remember how Dallas did it, but if you had a drive attached, would it still not just save to disk or have all the SIO uses been changed? A cart save would be nice, but depends on the complexity of the code I guess..

If you already have a multicart with ATR support then the single ATR version would be fine as it should save within that same ATR 

• Like 1

Err, I thought Gunslinger was a work-in-progress I'd posted to Wilheim in Oct 2020, have done a quick search on AA but don't think I released that so shouldn't really be being shared around?

So far we have; Dark Crystal, Serpent's Star, Mask of the Sun, Magnetic Scrolls compilation (Pawn, Guild of Thieves & Jinxter), Winter Challenge/Olympiad 88

On 9/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, matosimi said:

@Wilheim , @Wrathchild 

Is there any central place where we can find all of these 2->1 disk modifications, carts?

Here are some conversions I did scattered around here:

Conan single disk.atr Karateka (1985)(Broderbund)(US) - MaxFlash patch - v3 -deencrypted.atr Lucifer 's Realm single disk - copia.atr The Institute single disk.atr Summer Games (single disk).atr

Edited by Wilheim
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1