fabrice montupet

TI994W emulator problem

On 11/27/2021 at 12:32 PM, fabrice montupet said:

A sound problem subsist. In the example, I step 100 by 100 to go quickly to the problem.

10 FOR T=110 TO 44733 STEP 100 :: CALL SOUND(-1,T,0) :: PRINT T :: NEXT T

The frequency is not growing up higher than about 5000. Above, the emulator is playing the same frequency.

And the near future has allready passed.

I think it has something to do with the older sound code I borrowed from Classic99.

This is something for the to do list sometime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

And the near future has allready passed.

I think it has something to do with the older sound code I borrowed from Classic99.

This is something for the to do list sometime.

Classic99 had an upper frequency limit above which it would not attempt to generate the waveform. You could probably just change the upper limit if it's lower than you like.

Emulation is not hardware - there is an upper limit of frequencies that can be generated. If it's running at 44khz as the output sample rate, the maximum rate you can generate is 22khz (and it won't come out correctly after it runs through Windows). At 22khz, you're down to 11khz. If you don't refuse to generate these higher frequencies, then you get aliased noises and it's completely wrong.

So, the original code trying to generate audio from 110hz to 44,733hz is not going to work on any emulator today. The emulator would need to be generating audio at a sample rate of 89,466hz to even have a chance.

• Like 3

I noticed that there is a problem with the speech feature.
With "Extended Basic" and the "speech" and "sound" options activated, when I execute:
CALL SAY("HELLO"), the emulator hangs for a while and no speech is played.
Note that  I use the emulator at normal speed (no acceleration)

I can maximize the emulator window but I can't get a full screen mode, sadly the title and menu bars always appears. Is there a way to force a real full screen?  This feature can be added to the emulator option?

Edited by fabrice montupet

On 12/24/2021 at 3:19 AM, fabrice montupet said:

I can maximize the emulator window but I can't get a full screen mode, sadly the title and menu bars always appears. Is there a way to force a real full screen?  This feature can be added to the emulator option?

It's is beginning to look a lot like ... work ;-) Maybe next year. I'm busy with other things now.

• Like 3

Nothing important, it's just a suggestion for a next possible update 🙂

That said, I found solutions to get a full screen by using the MS- Windows Magnifier, in Accessibility Options, with 5% magnification increment. I adjust the magnification and the Magnifier position to get a perfect full screen, then a reduce the Magnifier bar. Another solution is to press Windows and "+" keys to zoom the screen and to move the mouse to the borders to center the zoom  ^^

Edited by fabrice montupet
  • Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 8:48 PM, fabrice montupet said:

Nothing important, it's just a suggestion for a next possible update 🙂

What do you know ... it is happy new year allready.

This feature was not so simple as it looks. If there is no menu then it is also not possible to do a restore of the window size or exit the emulator.

Added some features for show menu, hide menu, minimize, maximize, restore in the context menu (right mouse click) and double clicking in the left or right black bars also leaves the maximized window.

enjoy ...

Ti994w.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This feature added is beyond my expectations, very practical et efficient. I am embarrassed by all the work that I give to you. Thank you very much.
I also see that you've added TiBUS option ! 8-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fabrice montupet said:

I also see that you've added TiBUS option ! 8-)

Yes, TiBus is a work in progress. I want to be able to test the whole DSR in my emulator and not only bits and pieces. Added some functionality to transfer CRU bits via a serial connection (baudrate 115K2) over USB to an Arduino Uno which translates this back to parallel bits for the TiBus and visa-versa. The picture below shows the PC-TiBus interface (right) connected to a TiBus Real-Time-Clock (left, also an Arduino Uno). During communication the hex display shows A (Await message) or the device ID (0-9, 0=broadcast to all connected devices, i.e. for a reset message). Error code is displayed as aternating E with code 0-9. I still have to start the project this was all invented for; a TTL-chip test program in Extended Basic ;-)

afbeelding.thumb.png.10a354cc7b13f9cd4475c9d143503d32.png

• Like 3