IGNORED

My NEW sealed-in-box Jaguar System and my first pickups for the Console!

greekplaya990

26 minutes ago, boog said:

Nice! But, were Jaguar consoles ever shrinkwrapped at retail? My system box that was purchased new at Lechmere has the price sticker directly on the cardboard.

They weren't, no. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong, but I can't think of any console that was shrinkwrapped. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, boog said:

Nice! But, were Jaguar consoles ever shrinkwrapped at retail? My system box that was purchased new at Lechmere has the price sticker directly on the cardboard.

Mine definitely was not - bought in very early 1994 from Babbages.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, greekplaya990 said:

This was sold by a reputable eBay seller who seems to have tons of these new in box ones and they seem sealed from the factory and even shipped in what might have been original shipping boxes it was so perfect. I paid like PS5 prices for this.

That doesn't mean it was shrinked originally. Both of the sellers who deal in new Jag consoles have their own shrink wrap machines. Both myatari (B&C) and Best shrinkwrap these consoles. Yep, they're reputable dealers, but again that doesn't mean the consoles came like that 25 years ago. With all the cost cutting Atari did, I doubt they'd even spring for the 1 cent it'd cost to wrap these consoles when no other manufacturer was doing so. 

Anyhow, enjoy the Jag!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I worked retail at a small video game chain in high school circa 94-95. These were not originally shrink wrapped when shipped from Atari. That doesn't mean the system isn't new, it was just shrink-wrapped by a reseller at some point. 

Anyway, hope you enjoy your Jaguar. Wolfenstein 3D is a great game on the system!