IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 11 - Nova Blast

Rickster8

[ Intellivision HSC Season 15 ]

(Game 11)

Nova Blast

Nova_Blast.jpg.512e62133e5aaa1cc72ca086e2a81622.jpg

Nova Blast by Imagic 1983

The four Capsuled Cities of Water Planet Hydron are under fierce enemy attack! Nova 1, the last of the Novon Fleet, must single-handedly defeat these aliens before they dive into the cities or destroy Nova 1 with too many collisions. 

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21565/intellivision/Nova-Blast-1983-Imagic.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for Nova Blast

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

70,250 - Crade 105,950 - gezkc

Game Settings

PRESS BUTTON 4 FOR CADET LEVEL

Game Objective

Protect and preserve the Cities for as long as you can and score the most points in the process

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive

Contest Ends
SUNDAY OCTOBER 10TH, 2021 - 11:59:59PM EASTERN TIME

(BEST SCORES)

105,950 - gezkc [+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

33,450 - mark griff [+12]

31,650 - sprazzi [+11]

----------------------------

28,500 - Rickster8 [+9]

27,050 - lupovax [+8]

23,500 - fakecortex [+7]

22,900 - wolfy62 [+6]

21,800 - roadrunner [+5]

20,650 - Gernot [+4]

Overall Rankings

After Horse Racing

1 Rickster8 189
2 Mark Griff 132
3 lupovax 118
4 gezkc 109
5 Sprazzi 100
6 mr_me 79
7 wolfy62 71
8 gar0u 49
9 IntyFanMatt 33
10 ed1475 31
11 fakecortex 28
12 CParsley 15
13 Ace24 12
14 RogerPoco 11
15 t0spmad 10
16 Gernot 9
17 jblenkle 7
18 JacobZu7zu7 5
18 roadrunner 5

Games Won

6 Rickster8 - Motocross x3 / Space Hawk / Space Gunner / Space Armada / Super Pro Decathlon x4 / Horse Racing

4 gezkc - Tropical Trouble / Happy Trails / Loco-Motion / Horse Racing

3 mr_me - Bomb Squad / Space Battle / Space Spartans

2 lupovax - Super Pro Decathlon / Horse Racing

2 mark griff - Pitfall GOLD / Horse Racing

1 RogerPoco - White Water

1 IntyFanMatt - Dreadnaught Factor

1 Sprazzi - White Water

Sneak Preview: 

Utopia 30-30

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I remember buying this game in Argos (a store in the UK) for £26.99 in about 1984. It amazes me how much games cost back then - that must be £70 or more in today's money!

Yeah I remember carts for the Inty went for $35.00+ here in the States, back in the early to mid 80's..... Was pretty ridiculous..... ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Another Imagic game I haven't heard of! Not always hits, but they have a charm about them. From the description, sounds like Atlantis...we'll see...

It's kind of a cross between Defender and Atlantis. You defend cities like in Atlantis, but have to fly your ship bombing and shooting at land and air based enemies.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

But is it good?

Try it and see! ? 

I think it's good. It's a nice looking game, the sound effects and graphics are good (the laser in particular is pretty awesome!) and it's good fun. 

I've read some reviews that haven't really rated it, but personally I think it's a decent game. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gezkc said:

Try it and see! ? 

I think it's good. It's a nice looking game, the sound effects and graphics are good (the laser in particular is pretty awesome!) and it's good fun. 

I've read some reviews that haven't really rated it, but personally I think it's a decent game. 

Good to hear! I don’t have it so I’d hafta go out and buy it off eBay. I’ll take a look, thanks man!

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 11:51 PM, Rickster8 said:

Yeah I remember carts for the Inty went for $35.00+ here in the States, back in the early to mid 80's..... Was pretty ridiculous..... ?

Lucky fellows you are, i paid SFr 80 to 120 (Golf) for one this finally forced me to order them from the grey market (HK direct import) for SFr 30 each, you know the prices here are so steep because the swiss are all billionaires (cough). (SFr 1 equaled to roundabout $1.75 in the eighties which means it was more or less the same)

Spoiler
Jahr    1 US-$ (USA) 100 sfr (Schweiz)
1978    2,01 112,92
1979    1,83 110,23
1980    1,82 108,48
1981    2,26 115,25

Edited by Gernot

2 hours ago, gezkc said:

I really don't remember this game being as hard as this. It all gets a bit frantic once the water walkers appear! 

Nova Blast: 73,000

DSC_1287.JPG

HSC Record and smashes the record on Twin Galaxies. You need to record this and be the world record holder on TG. ?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

HSC Record and smashes the record on Twin Galaxies. You need to record this and be the world record holder on TG. ?

No way?! I've got scores over 120,000 on Nova Blast before! Surely the world record must be higher than that?! ?

Perhaps not many people play it! 

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

The world record is 56,400 on Twin Gakaxies. You can beat that easily. 

Amazing. ?

I'm not sure how to video gameplay though (other than using a mobile phone!) . Does anyone know how to do that? I'm emulating via an Ultimate Flashback/Raspberry Pi. Is there software you can get to do that? 

3 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Amazing. ?

I'm not sure how to video gameplay though (other than using a mobile phone!) . Does anyone know how to do that? I'm emulating via an Ultimate Flashback/Raspberry Pi. Is there software you can get to do that? 

I use my iPhone for all my vids, but that record is with Original Hardware. Yes you could submit one for Emulation, but then it wouldn't beat the 56,400 record...... When you make videos for TG you have to boot up the console on camera, video the entire game and then when the game is over show your console and cartridge, you can do this before the game as well... 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1