IGNORED

When will QIX be available for the 2600???

BIGHMW

I was just wondering (after trying to find out any info but not really finding any) when Champ Games will be working on a 2600 version of the 1981 arcade cult classic, Qix, as they announced their plans of doing so earlier this year, I would love to see a version of it become available.

They have their work cut out for them is aiming to beat the 5200 version.  Please don't aspire for the $hitty computer version :) Simple enough game, but I absolutely love the 5200 version.  Sounds are perfect - especially when cranking through a full home theater system with the bass cranked.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 1:56 AM, Stephen said:

They have their work cut out for them is aiming to beat the 5200 version.  Please don't aspire for the $hitty computer version :) Simple enough game, but I absolutely love the 5200 version.  Sounds are perfect - especially when cranking through a full home theater system with the bass cranked.

You're right about the 800 version being crappy. I cannot understand why they did that!? But as for the sounds, well nothing comes close to the real arcade QIX!!

The official thread is here:

That will have the latest information, when John has updates to share.

There are some other Champ Games in the pipeline ahead of Qix, so it will be awhile before it sees the light of day. Homebrewing is a hobby, and as with all hobbies, you fit it into real life when and where you can.

• Like 5

Hello all,

As it turns out, I have been working on Qix on and off the last month.  It's not quite playable yet but should be in the next few weeks.  I am planning on having the first publicly available demo available to play at the Music City Multi Con in Tennessee at the end of the month (Champ Games will be in attendance).

As Nathan pointed out, there are a few games ahead of Qix in the pipeline:

• RobotWar:2684 is expected to be available in October 2021.
  • Lady Bug Arcade is expected to be available in December 2021.
  • Gorf Arcade is currently planned for release in Q1 2022.
  • Turbo Arcade is planned for release in August 2022 (most likely at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo).
  • Qix is planned for release in late 2022.

Thanks,

John

• Like 14