IGNORED

Food Fight on Coleco?

Atari Scorpio

• 1 year later...

Its been a while since I've played it, but if I'm remembering correctly, the oddest thing about the CV port is that your character's feet, are the collision/contact point, that need to touch the throwable foods to pick them up, and/or to touch the ice cream cone, to eat it, to finish the level.  And I don't remember it being too terribly difficult, and I don't remember multiple difficulty levels...but I could be mistaken...again its been a while.  

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rakutenka said:

So I went searching and found this. I then checked Collectorvision's page and don't see anything mentioning the game. I would love to see this game on the Colecovision. I would assume it hasn't been made or at least not released at this point since we are all questioning it.

It has been released. We have it.

On 4/4/2023 at 7:59 PM, Atari Scorpio said:

Where can this be purchased?

I think you may have stumbled across one of the Collectorvision Club secret games.  Nice.  I may have joined that year if I'd known that was one of the games but I still don't like forking out money without knowing what I'm getting.

40 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

I think you may have stumbled across one of the Collectorvision Club secret games.  Nice.  I may have joined that year if I'd known that was one of the games but I still don't like forking out money without knowing what I'm getting.

It's not secret if everyone keeps talking about them or selling them on EBAY.

What I would say is if you can't find it then write it yourself.  I am fairly certain that unless it's an original title then no one around here owns any copyright to Atari games.
We try to respect every ones work around here because they take the time to write a game from the ground up but how many Collectorvision games actually fit that description.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, Captain Cozmos said:

We try to respect every ones work around here because they take the time to write a game from the ground up but how many Collectorvision games actually fit that description.

I don't think that's a really fair statement. CollectorVision has produced, developed, and published well over 100 games for the ColecoVision.  How many have you finished so far? 

4 hours ago, TPR said:

I don't think that's a really fair statement. CollectorVision has produced, developed, and published well over 100 games for the ColecoVision.  How many have you finished so far? 

If you look their library most of it are already existing Coleco Titles such as the DDP games and MSX roms.  Designed to run on the Mega Cart which is nothing more than copied from the MSX addressing design.  While the Megacart was the ROM, the SGM module was the RAM and a sound chip.

So, if you can not find Food Fight for sale then program it yourself if you have the ability.  Does Colectorvision own Atari?  If yes then I stand corrected.

Making it yourself will end up rustling someones feathers but at the end of the day....

What I really suggest you do is go on MAME, press a button for 25 cents and play the real game for free.

We were hosed on Dino Eggs so I am now working on a game I was requested to make.  Them's be Fight'n Cars took 4 months and no one gave it much interest.

I only have enough material for 100 carts so now it is a Shamus remake.  From the beginning, geared for the Colecovision console and improved.

I already created a hardware project that will turn a stock Colecovision into an ADAM internally.  I am currently working out the 6801 bugs and keyboard interface.
It's called the Zwei Chip and it's FPGA based.  It will be out when it is ready which I do not have a date.  It was supposed to be able to tie in with my DOS project.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

2 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

If you look their library most of it are already existing Coleco Titles such as the DDP games and MSX roms.  Designed to run on the Mega Cart which is nothing more than copied from the MSX addressing design.  While the Megacart was the ROM, the SGM module was the RAM and a sound chip.

So, if you can not find Food Fight for sale then program it yourself if you have the ability.  Does Colectorvision own Atari?  If yes then I stand corrected.

Making it yourself will end up rustling someones feathers but at the end of the day....

What I really suggest you do is go on MAME, press a button for 25 cents and play the real game for free.

We were hosed on Dino Eggs so I am now working on a game I was requested to make.  Them's be Fight'n Cars took 4 months and no one gave it much interest.

I only have enough material for 100 carts so now it is a Shamus remake.  From the beginning, geared for the Colecovision console and improved.

I already created a hardware project that will turn a stock Colecovision into an ADAM internally.  I am currently working out the 6801 bugs and keyboard interface.
It's called the Zwei Chip and it's FPGA based.  It will be out when it is ready which I do not have a date.  It was supposed to be able to tie in with my DOS project.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:54 PM, Captain Cozmos said:

So I guess you don't "respect everyone's work" around here?  Seriously, you have no room to talk.  CollectorVision has been a very respected developer and publisher for over a decade. They are responsible for being a huge player in helping to keep the community and the ColecoVision console alive with an unbelievable amount of games and hardware projects.  Every project they have put together requires signifiant amount of work, even if it is just an "MSX Port." There are coders, testers, graphic designers, entire teams of people that are required to put together every single game they have put out from the initial design and coding to shipping it to your door. Do not discount any of the work that goes into their projects because it is far more than you could imagine, and I've been on the team for some of them. 

This entire shelf is nothing but CollectorVision projects:

341475356_969507700729464_1019006648664532590_n.thumb.jpg.205e4874f051c6b40c2630e8e6433397.jpg

I have over 200 boxed games from CollectorVision, each one of them different in some regard. That doesn't even include the many projects that @coleco_master put together on his own aside from official CollectorVision releases or the Phoenix console which is yet another huge milestone project in this community. not to mention their Experience Club which has hundreds of members and has produced quite a few games and literature that is an amazing throwback to the original ColecoVision days. 

And you're asking about titles they've published that were written from the ground up?  Let's see...

Armageddon 

Bagman

Berzerk

Bomb Jack

Bomb n Blast

Bugs n Bots

Buster Bros.

Cavern Fighter

Challenger

Chess Challenger

Computer Space

DacMan

Dead Tomb

Dungeons and Trolls

Earth Defend 2083

Electric Adventures

Flappy Bird

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

Ghost n Zombies

Ghostblaster

I'm only at letter G and I'm already 20 games in that were developed from scratch, that weren't ports of an MSX or SG-1000 game.  Do you need me to continue or have I made my point clear?

I think you owe @retroillucid and @coleco_master an apology here.  Either you are blissfully unaware of the impact CollectorVision has had on this community for the last decade plus, or you just have some pent up jealousy because they have been able to develop and publish project after project successfully while you have had several projects that you have started, but have yet to finish and would appear to have abandoned. I really do not think you have any room to be making negative comments towards CollectorVision.

That's just my two cents. 

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy here suggesting that developers shouldn't be making arcade ports because you can just play the original arcade games for free on MAME, while at the same time haven't every single one of your abandoned game projects also been a port of something you can play on another console for free?  Haunted House, Warlords, Dino Eggs, Dodge' Em, Shamus... Why not just load up the Atari 2600, 8-Bit Family, or C-64 emulators, press the start button and play the real game for free?

Like I said, I think you have no room to talk here, and you really need to apologize and then sit right back down.  Or, you know, maybe FINISH a project and earn some of this respect you’re talking about. 

1 hour ago, TPR said:

So I guess you don't "respect everyone's work" around here?  Seriously, you have no room to talk.  CollectorVision has been a very respected developer and publisher for over a decade. They are responsible for being a huge player in helping to keep the community and the ColecoVision console alive with an unbelievable amount of games and hardware projects.  Every project they have put together requires signifiant amount of work, even if it is just an "MSX Port." There are coders, testers, graphic designers, entire teams of people that are required to put together every single game they have put out from the initial design and coding to shipping it to your door. Do not discount any of the work that goes into their projects because it is far more than you could imagine, and I've been on the team for some of them. 

This entire shelf is nothing but CollectorVision projects:

341475356_969507700729464_1019006648664532590_n.thumb.jpg.205e4874f051c6b40c2630e8e6433397.jpg

I have over 200 boxed games from CollectorVision, each one of them different in some regard. That doesn't even include the many projects that @coleco_master put together on his own aside from official CollectorVision releases or the Phoenix console which is yet another huge milestone project in this community. not to mention their Experience Club which has hundreds of members and has produced quite a few games and literature that is an amazing throwback to the original ColecoVision days. 

And you're asking about titles they've published that were written from the ground up?  Let's see...

Armageddon 

Bagman

Berzerk

Bomb Jack

Bomb n Blast

Bugs n Bots

Buster Bros.

Cavern Fighter

Challenger

Chess Challenger

Computer Space

DacMan

Dead Tomb

Dungeons and Trolls

Earth Defend 2083

Electric Adventures

Flappy Bird

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

Ghost n Zombies

Ghostblaster

I'm only at letter G and I'm already 20 games in that were developed from scratch, that weren't ports of an MSX or SG-1000 game.  Do you need me to continue or have I made my point clear?

I think you owe @retroillucid and @coleco_master an apology here.  Either you are blissfully unaware of the impact CollectorVision has had on this community for the last decade plus, or you just have some pent up jealousy because they have been able to develop and publish project after project successfully while you have had several projects that you have started, but have yet to finish and would appear to have abandoned. I really do not think you have any room to be making negative comments towards CollectorVision.

That's just my two cents. 

EDIT:

I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy here suggesting that developers shouldn't be making arcade ports because you can just play the original arcade games for free on MAME, while at the same time haven't every single one of your abandoned game projects also been a port of something you can play on another console for free?  Haunted House, Warlords, Dino Eggs, Dodge' Em, Shamus... Why not just load up the Atari 2600, 8-Bit Family, or C-64 emulators, press the start button and play the real game for free?

Like I said, I think you have no room to talk here, and you really need to apologize and then sit right back down.  Or, you know, maybe FINISH a project and earn some respect. 

Your absolutely right.

I picked up requests from around Atari Age for Warlords, Shamus and Dino Eggs which was supposed to be released in 1983 and I made a deal with the original author and owner which he have a disagreement about terms.

Warlords is done but waiting to be paired with a hardware paddle project that does not go through the joystick ports.  I'm kind of busy to finish it.

My DOS and hardware is original. The Zwei Chip is Original.  Jimmy Big Boots, Bristle Face Joe and Assaulty Crackers are original.  The Oregon Trail for the ADAM is original to that system.

I also have a license from Activision for King Quest 1 and 2 which means I do not have to release it through a secret club in order to avoid a copyright issue.

I have not promised anyone, I am not beholden by a company or under any contract.  I am also just one man doing this work along with real life such as my last child out the door is graduating next month and that's more important than a 40 year old Colecovision.

However, I would rather not bring up anymore about Collectorvision.  They seem to get away with what they do so more power to them.

BTW...
I'm turning 57 this year.  Retired for the last 15 years.
I've fought in two major conflicts.  Been on almost every continent, have been in charge of 36 million dollars worth of equipment.

Have led men in battle.  Sent three kids to college with one more to go.....I don't need respect for publishing a video game.
This is a hobby for me.

So lets end the quarreling and go have a beer together.

Edited by Captain Cozmos

17 minutes ago, Captain Cozmos said:

I would rather not bring up anymore about Collectorvision.  They seem to get away with what they do so more power to them.

“Get away with” … wow. How incredibly rude. You can brag about as many continents and battles as you want to. That has nothing to do with this community. The reality is CollectorVision has done an incredible amount for this community and you’ve done almost nothing. 

Thank you for your service, but I don’t want to “have a beer” with you. I want you to finish a project and make an attempt to earn this insanely entitled obnoxious attitude you carry around. 

17 minutes ago, TPR said:

“Get away with” … wow. How incredibly rude. You can brag about as many continents and battles as you want to. That has nothing to do with this community. The reality is CollectorVision has done an incredible amount for this community and you’ve done almost nothing. 

Thank you for your service, but I don’t want to “have a beer” with you. I want you to finish a project and make an attempt to earn this insanely entitled obnoxious attitude you carry around. 

As soon as Shamus Vectrex Style is finish Atari Age will be the first to know.