IGNORED

Pleasuredome is GONE

eightbit

4 minutes ago, youxia said:

And this is somehow archive.org's fault? It's a public repository, anybody can upload whatever they please, and there are millions of uploaders.

Could be a public restroom, with a golden bowl. People still dump their shit there. Actually not complaining about the restroom itself, but perhaps its overtidy janitorial service. I guess.

36 minutes ago, youxia said:

And this is somehow archive.org's fault? It's a public repository, anybody can upload whatever they please, and there are millions of uploaders. It's not up to archive to check what all people throw up there or how they label and tag it. I don't see anybody complaining about crap on utube, despite Google's fancy AIs and hordes of moderators.

Besides, if you know where to look it's all there still (protip: htgdb)

Smh. I guess I'll just hit Ignore on this thread. I'm mostly inoculated to various opinions swirling around internet, but people complaining about the best stuff on it, such as archive or Wikipedia (and usually for very petty and unfair reasons) is one thing I will never understand. Glad I probably won't be around when in 20-30 years all your base will belong to the Big G and free-for-all repos like that will be a stuff of fairytales.

It's fine, but it is not a replacement for Pleasuredome

40 minutes ago, youxia said:

Besides, if you know where to look it's all there still (protip: htgdb)

I had never heard of this.  Not sure how I would find out about something like the Hardware Target Game Database without asking on a message board like AtariAge, so thanks.  This is exactly what I was wondering when asking about a replacement for Pleasuredome.

Now I just hope I remember this exists the next time I need it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...