IGNORED

Testing 600 XL

bf2k+

It's most probably a digital signal only connection.

It is possible to get a mono (Luma) signal pretty easily from the motherboard. But since I don't have an NTSC version schematics, I cannot find it. In the PAL version it's available at the emiter leg of the Q6 transistor (just needs additional 75R resistor).

3 hours ago, Peri Noid said:

It's most probably a digital signal only connection.

It is possible to get a mono (Luma) signal pretty easily from the motherboard. But since I don't have an NTSC version schematics, I cannot find it. In the PAL version it's available at the emiter leg of the Q6 transistor (just needs additional 75R resistor).

I hadn't thought of that, but could you just pull the audio and video off the modulator input an rig up a poor test cable. The 

2 hours ago, oo7 said:

You could sell it as is to me if it’s cosmetics are ok

It will eventually go up for sale with all the rest of my stuff.  This particular 600XL is in "like-new" condition in the original box (I'm the 2nd owner; original owner is a friend) which is why I hesitate to open it up and mess with it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bf2k+ said:

It will eventually go up for sale with all the rest of my stuff.  This particular 600XL is in "like-new" condition in the original box (I'm the 2nd owner; original owner is a friend) which is why I hesitate to open it up and mess with it.

Interested