IGNORED

Finally setup up a classic gaming corner!

?Yay! Finally my little “retro gaming” corner is pretty much complete! The first image displaying Dragon Spirit on my TG-16 is the final setup after cleaning, rewiring and organizing.
DCA5F62E-E65A-4D41-A99D-483705A39E28.thumb.jpeg.dbc48579a8066df4a95b68da31557053.jpeg

Middle image with SuperNES Lemmings displayed was starting to come together, added the little BOSE SPEAKER which packs more punch then the tinny sounding TV speakers, I compared and it provides the rich deep arcade cabinet sound which compliments this sharp little Toshiba crt. 

Also, added a nice AV SWITCHER with blue LED display, I’ve had it for years doing very little with it, I like it as it match’s the TV and even my Retrobit RetroTrio which are all silver for that classic electronics aesthetic.
7E90C7FF-B5A4-4201-8C6F-98DF712BAF97.thumb.jpeg.e34f18a240cc26d3de0a4fd3607578e7.jpeg

The last image is what I started with, a mess, cluttered, dusty, unorganized but I spent the day with the goal of getting this long overdue project completed.

AD1F029F-AD1F-4636-88F3-5E01C31BEAEE.thumb.jpeg.608cf147c016665571bfc971f3b99f76.jpeg

Finally satisfied overall, it’s not much but at least it’s something! 

I have literally no room for my hobby stuff but this tiny little retro gaming corner is at least something and I got SNES/Genesis/NES covered with the RetroTrio with a Tg-16 underneath and Everdrives carts for all of them. With this setup I can easily add in my Dreamcast or Ps1/Ps2/GameCube etc when needed. I look forward to actually playing and enjoying my systems.

• Like 6

Love experiments in minimalism. What's the most that can be stuffed in a tiny space..? Always explored the methodology ever since I had more than 3 or 4 systems as a kid.

Playing is much more fun than collecting. With playing you can always come back to a game over'n'over again. The activity costs you nothing except some time. Whereas collecting costs you time and money and space. And even frustration in getting that one last game and getting it in A+ condition.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

Love experiments in minimalism. What's the most that can be stuffed in a tiny space..? Always explored the methodology ever since I had more than 3 or 4 systems as a kid.

Playing is much more fun than collecting. With playing you can always come back to a game over'n'over again. The activity costs you nothing except some time. Whereas collecting costs you time and money and space. And even frustration in getting that one last game and getting it in A+ condition.

I honestly should have done it years ago, these things just piling up in my closet and storage locker. Now my Everdrives are fianlly getting some use instead of just sitting in storage, already played several NES / SuperNES and TG-16-PCengine games, look and sound great, cannot beleive I put it off for so long. Love playing roms of unrelesed games, translated games and hacks as well on the original consoles! Better late than never I suppose.

• Like 1

Congratulations on figuring out a setup that works for you! I think a lot of us go through this difficulty - finding furniture that is both suitable for our gaming systems, and for our house layouts. I settled for taking an entire wall of my bedroom and an entire wall of my living room, storage in a wardrobe and storage above the fridge, but its near perfect now. Took years, and my living room setup is... literally 2 sets of shelves I found in my local Aldi that had enough depth to keep most consoles snug (no luck videopac) and wires hidden. The Wife still isn't happy, but simmering content is about as good as I can get it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Are you sure it's "safe" to put the CRT directly on top of the AV switcher like that? I wouldn't put anything heavy on top of a DVD player or similar hardware, unless it's certified to be able to support the weight.

I did some cautious tests and checked as I was unsure myself but this is a PYSCLONE AV switcher from years ago and that casing surround the top and sides is metal and easily supports it! Defintiely sturdier and more robust than the average DVD plater etc! I am quite confident setting this 13 inch TV on top, you would almost think it was designed just for that, thanks for the concern though! I am very cautious and take good care of my stuff. it even has a little remote for on / off and switching between inputs as well I can edit and tailoer the display to indicate what is being selected. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Austin said:

Looks good!

Thanks man appreciate that! The best part? I am literally making use the best I can of what I have but the BOSE SPEAKER and the little 13 inch TOSHIBA CRT from 2005 (I looked it up) were finds in electronics recycling ! I was so glad to find a nice tiny quality CRT for this purpose! 

• Like 1