IGNORED

Bank Panic for Intellivision now available

cmadruga

image.png.33e338c60022386f5b11706d450f01c9.png

A new digital release, available only at IntellivisionCollector.com

(Physical CIB release coming soon by Intellivision Revolution)

An action game that will test your aim! For 1 player.

It’s the wild west, and you are in charge of protecting a local bank from a
gang of robbers.
These robbers are creative! They will do whatever it takes to catch you by
surprise. From challenging you to duels, to disguising themselves as
customers, they will try every trick in the book. Even planting bombs when
you are not looking.
Stay vigilant and shoot first! But watch your aim: shooting at customers will
get you in trouble real fast!

The Bank Panic Digital Bundle includes the following:
- Game rom: unencrypted, so you can play it on your LTO Flash, CC3, emulators, anywhere!
- Manual in digital format
- Bonus content: prototype roms, work in progress videos and various assets.

This game is expected to see a physical, complete in box (CIB) release by Intellivision Revolution.
The CIB will be sold separately. Please contact Rev directly for questions.
However, buyers of this rom will be eligible to receive scans of the box, manual and overlays as a free upgrade when those become available.

Any questions, please let me know!

• Like 12

Interesting trivia: During arranging the music, I mentioned West Bank (Dinamic) for the ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC, which obviously was an unlicensed clone of Bank Panic. As it turns out, Elite Software at one point must've planned to make a proper port of Bank Panic for the C64, but either they could not obtain the rights or something else got in the way. At the same time, Gremlin Graphics picked up the rights to West Bank and were looking to port it to the C64, and somehow the Elite developers must've met up with them and offered the unfinished Bank Panic game, which obviously got released as West Bank. Sometimes the world is smaller than you first would've thought!

• Like 3

Great job on this one!   

Another example of what the Intellivision could have been like had they paid closer attention to the arcades and put out more titles of less-popular games that were a lot of fun to play.

Definitely going to purchase and put on the Retropie!  Any chance for a larger box graphic for the menu boxart?

45 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Great job on this one!   

Another example of what the Intellivision could have been like had they paid closer attention to the arcades and put out more titles of less-popular games that were a lot of fun to play.

Definitely going to purchase and put on the Retropie!  Any chance for a larger box graphic for the menu boxart?

Thank you!

I will leave the box graphic question to @Rev

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

I presume that would've been an INTV Corp title, or possibly third party since the arcade game Bank Panic was released in 1984, the same year that INTV took over. To be honest, there only seems to be official home versions for SG-1000, SMS (both Sega obviously) and MSX (published through Pony Canyon). Sure, anyone could've done what Dinamic/Gremlin did above, make a clone but as noted in the GTW64 comments, that game was mostly sold at budget price and included in compilations in 1986/87. To which extent Sega bothered about home versions for C64, ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC is beyond my knowledge and probably they would not have bothered about Intellivision neither by that time, but the question is if "budget" Intellivision games were a thing back then.

Also I can report that the full ROM is 68 kilobytes. Hand coded in assembly and use of EXEC probably could shave off quite a bit of that, but anything beyond 16 kilodecles had obviously been one of the larger games. Perhaps the game could be simplified a lot both in terms of graphics and music, but then it would not have looked anything like this homebrew 35 years later.

• Like 2

Perhaps my predecessor at INTV could have made something similar, using whichever built-in music player the system supports.

In the mean time, I found exactly 3 more Bank Panic clones: Gunshoot (Amiga 1988), Bang! Bank! (Atari 8-bit 1992) and Saloon City (ZX81, 2012).

It means that your version of Bank Panic might (I haven't researched past 1992) be the 10th home version ever, past versions for SG-1000, MSX (Colecovision?), SMS, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, C64, Amiga, Atari 8-bit and ZX81. Thus it doesn't seem like a game concept ported over and over, meaning that if the Intellivision folks had picked it up early on, it may have seemed a bit esoteric choice of an arcade game to port.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 5:36 PM, cmadruga said:

image.png.33e338c60022386f5b11706d450f01c9.png

A new digital release, available only at IntellivisionCollector.com

(Physical CIB release coming soon by Intellivision Revolution)

An action game that will test your aim! For 1 player.

It’s the wild west, and you are in charge of protecting a local bank from a
gang of robbers.
These robbers are creative! They will do whatever it takes to catch you by
surprise. From challenging you to duels, to disguising themselves as
customers, they will try every trick in the book. Even planting bombs when
you are not looking.
Stay vigilant and shoot first! But watch your aim: shooting at customers will
get you in trouble real fast!

The Bank Panic Digital Bundle includes the following:
- Game rom: unencrypted, so you can play it on your LTO Flash, CC3, emulators, anywhere!
- Manual in digital format
- Bonus content: prototype roms, work in progress videos and various assets.

This game is expected to see a physical, complete in box (CIB) release by Intellivision Revolution.
The CIB will be sold separately. Please contact Rev directly for questions.
However, buyers of this rom will be eligible to receive scans of the box, manual and overlays as a free upgrade when those become available.

Any questions, please let me know!

The future is now!

Store Intellivision Homebrews | Welcome to the Intellivision Revolution!

• Thanks 2