IGNORED

What’s next for Evercade? Gimme your wish lists!

jerseystyle

Love my Evercade, and am excited to see what’s coming next. What would y’all wanna see? I would be sooo happy for:

1) A Cinemaware collection

2) Shadowgate/DejaVu/Uninvited

3) an Amiga 500 collection

4) police quest set

5) Monkey Island set

Even without this stuff I’m very impressed with what they’ve put together, but these would be great. I am interested in the upcoming arcade packs as well. Let’s talk Evercade!

• Like 4

Given the releases, I wouldn't put #2 out of the realm of possibility.  Shadowgate still gets pumped out, even had that remaster some years back, and Deja Vu1+2 got that GBC port when Shadowgate did, and got rolled out in more recent times for sale on GoG too if I remember right.

I'd like to see a 3rd Lynx package.  Also would as it's a handheld, see some Gameboy / Color / Advance re-releases from studios that warmed up to this thing.

• Like 2

Personally, I would love to see the following collections:

1) Fairchild Channel F volume 1 and/or 2

2) Super Cassette Vision volume(s) 1, 2, and/or 3

3) MacVenture (Uninvited, Deja Vu 1 and 2, and Shadowgate) series.  Though, the NES and/or GBC version will (most likely) need to be used.

4) Lynx volume 3

Not sure if any of those will ever be produced, but it should would be nice to see, especially any Channel F collection(s).

• Like 4

I will take anything I can get.

Channel F would be hard to simulate exactly but the shoulder buttons could be used for twisting and A and B could be used for push and pull. Having recently reacquired a Channel F, I would be super excited for a cart. With the home console version the two player orientation of half the library would be okay.

• Like 4

This would be tricky, and I might be the only customer interested, but my dream cart would be a Synapse Software collection running the A8 versions up against the C64 versions. 

Synapse Software did a lot of excellent 8-bit computer shmups. Blue Max, Zeppelin, Shadow World, Survivor, Fort Apocalypse etc. As well as Pharoah's Curse, which is probably my favorite platformer of the era. Fantastic games!

They were purchased by Broderbund in 1984, who are still around(?) as part of ubisoft+houghton mifflin(?). but whoever owns this currently probably has exactly zero idea that they own some fantastic game properties.

And since they're just emulators, why haven't we seen 'platform vs.' matchups? Surely multiple versions could be licensed in the same agreement? at least for the cases where the same folks did both versions, which happens more with small titles than big ones.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

This would be tricky, and I might be the only customer interested, but my dream cart would be a Synapse Software collection running the A8 versions up against the C64 versions. 

Synapse Software did a lot of excellent 8-bit computer shmups. Blue Max, Zeppelin, Shadow World, Survivor, Fort Apocalypse etc. As well as Pharoah's Curse, which is probably my favorite platformer of the era. Fantastic games!

They were purchased by Broderbund in 1984, who are still around(?) as part of ubisoft+houghton mifflin(?). but whoever owns this currently probably has exactly zero idea that they own some fantastic game properties.

And since they're just emulators, why haven't we seen 'platform vs.' matchups? Surely multiple versions could be licensed in the same agreement? at least for the cases where the same folks did both versions, which happens more with small titles than big ones.

I think a VS cart collection is a great idea. 

• Like 1

As far as carts others would play (synapse, who?) my favorite evercade cart so far is probably tanglewood+xeno crisis--two recent genesis heavy-hitters. What could match that?

Pier Solar (with SegaCD sound) + Paprium

or a super fighter team pak with zaku, star odyssey(?) etc.

Or slightly more realistically, Xeno Crisis' Neo Geo Arcade port is releasing soon, and now that we have an evercade arcade cart series, and there's an established relationship with bitmap bureau...maybe(?)

• Like 2

FPS could require too much processing power for the Evercade, though. I know there are a few PlayStation games emulated already, but afaik they are 2D (Worms) or basic (the soccer game), at least more than FPS imho. The licensing could be a big problem as well, since the FPS that were ported to the PlayStation come from different companies. But a compilation featuring Doom, Exhumed, Duke Nukem, etc. would be indeed great.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know when Activision is going to get in on the action. They release Activision anthology for everything, you'd think they'd be all up for breaking the 2600 collection up and selling it as 3-4 different evercade collections.

I'd probably pay for a few individual games like lemmings or populous, but I doubt that'll happen.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sega Collection 1 & 2 (combination of 1st-party SMS & Genesis games)

Amiga Collection (Shadow of the Beast, Alien Breed 3D, Super Cauldron, Zool, etc.)

Commodore 64 Collection (International Karate, The Last Ninja, Giana Sisters, etc.)

Odyssey 2 Collection (KC Munchkin, UFO, Attack of the Time Lord, etc.)

Activision Collection 1 & 2 (variety of games from 2600, INTV, NES, SNES)

Imagic Collection 1 & 2 (variety of games from 2600, ColecoVision, INTV)

Electronic Arts Collection 1 & 2 (Road Rash, Theme Park, Strike series, Mutant League Football, Wing Commander, etc.)

Atari Collection 3 (Now with 5200/8-bit and ST computer games)

Taito Collection 1 & 2 (Space Invaders, Darius Gaiden, Jungle Hunt, Bubble Bobble, Bust A Move, etc.)

Capcom Collection 1 & 2 (Breath of Fire 1 & 2, Ghost n Goblins, Resident Evil Gaiden, Bionic Commando, etc.)

Blizzard Collection (Lost Vikings 1 & 2, Rock N Roll Racing, Blackthorne, RPM Racing, maybe Diablo PS1 if possible)

Id Software Collection (Commander Keen series, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom 1 & 2)

These below will never happen but it's fun to think about

Super Mario Bros. Collection (NES Super Mario Bros. 1-2-3-Lost Levels and Super Mario World | five games total)

The Legend of Zelda Collection (Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening | four games total)

Kirby Collection (Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Superstar, Kirby's Dream Course, Kirby's DreamLand 1-2-3 | six games total)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, bugcatcher88 said:

Sega Collection 1 & 2 (combination of 1st-party SMS & Genesis games)

Amiga Collection (Shadow of the Beast, Alien Breed 3D, Super Cauldron, Zool, etc.)

Commodore 64 Collection (International Karate, The Last Ninja, Giana Sisters, etc.)

Odyssey 2 Collection (KC Munchkin, UFO, Attack of the Time Lord, etc.)

Activision Collection 1 & 2 (variety of games from 2600, INTV, NES, SNES)

Imagic Collection 1 & 2 (variety of games from 2600, ColecoVision, INTV)

Electronic Arts Collection 1 & 2 (Road Rash, Theme Park, Strike series, Mutant League Football, Wing Commander, etc.)

Atari Collection 3 (Now with 5200/8-bit and ST computer games)

Taito Collection 1 & 2 (Space Invaders, Darius Gaiden, Jungle Hunt, Bubble Bobble, Bust A Move, etc.)

Capcom Collection 1 & 2 (Breath of Fire 1 & 2, Ghost n Goblins, Resident Evil Gaiden, Bionic Commando, etc.)

Blizzard Collection (Lost Vikings 1 & 2, Rock N Roll Racing, Blackthorne, RPM Racing, maybe Diablo PS1 if possible)

Id Software Collection (Commander Keen series, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom 1 & 2)

These below will never happen but it's fun to think about

Super Mario Bros. Collection (NES Super Mario Bros. 1-2-3-Lost Levels and Super Mario World | five games total)

The Legend of Zelda Collection (Legend of Zelda, Zelda II, Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening | four games total)

Kirby Collection (Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Superstar, Kirby's Dream Course, Kirby's DreamLand 1-2-3 | six games total)

Odyssey 2 Collection is a great idea.

• Like 2

Good thread-heading.

And good thread … if anyone in oldstyle game-companies get to hear about it…

So, mostly, it would realistic for new evercade publishers to publish games they have designed from scratch, or own the fundamental franchise rights for, right…?

And also, it isn’t that realistic to see games of Movies.

Games of Sports could just change title, like Top Gear 1 + 2 becoming Top Racer did 1 + 2 on Piko Collections.

So as is mentioned here, 

I think a Taito 1+2 collection (reruns of the title-lists for the ones on PS2 and XBox), would really be great and really fit the Evercade-niche.

Lynx Collections 3 and 4 would be very nice. 
And at least a Lynx 3 is possible if Lynx 1 and 2 sell good in the Q4; 

… so everybody, get shopping those Lynx collections as gifts friends, family or future-sales on eBay (when you have the last 2 carts sealed and unopened, its worth something).

btw: spread the word on this… so Songbird can financially get to a Lynx 3 collection.

It would be nice if Elite did a multiplayform release.

Personally I’d be very happy to C64 game-collections. A multi-publisher collection was released some time back on CD-ROM: containing pretty much all their C64-goodies, GnG, Commando, 1942, Buggy Boy plus a ton of lesser known Elite c64 games.

Eventually one could perhaps have a  ‘Commodore’-collection: 24-30 games from both Commodore 64 and Amiga 500 which would be classics of those systems.(on Amiga, one could think of games like ‘Shadow of the Beast, Unreal, and many others (which would you like to see?)

See above and say Atari St

??

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AtariSphinx said:

Agreed.  They have been my most played carts.

And Songbird said to me in another thread here somewhere, they had licenses for a 3rd compilation, but hoped sales for Q4 would go well. It would help, if I heard correctly, to get money for these releases to shocel out new ones. I think I kinda understand the logic…

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 2