IGNORED

Black Widow: Recharged (in VCS Store)

SabertoothRetro

3 hours ago, Albert said:

Wow, as someone who owns an original Black Widow arcade cabinet, that looks very cool!  I like that they kept the vector-style graphics for this. Curious what changes they've made to the game besides the visuals and audio.

..Al

Based on how both Missile Command and Centipede have turned out I think it is pretty safe to say that it will ditch the multiple lives per game aspect along with "levels" in general for the Arcade experience, and instead be a progressive increase in difficulty until you die. With powerups in the trailer matching some of the powerups in Centipede (circular wall of spikes around your avatar, bombs, etc.). Probably Challenges as well. I'd love to see co-op as well but who knows. 

• Like 3

That. Is. Sick!

I am quickly becoming a fan of the Recharged Series.  I was not crazy about Missile Command Recharged (mostly because I was never a fan of Missile Command) but I am LOVING Centipede Recharged.  Black Widow looks amazing too.  I think I will have quite the Recharged collection very soon. ?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bugcatcher88 said:

I love the Steam library cover art. 

library_600x900_2x.thumb.jpg.28d47631f1f071fd7e66a92e561a6443.jpg

Source: https://steamdb.info/app/1714180/

Oh, gosh! Now I imagine a line of Atari posters. I like the art style, retro AND modern.
I cannot understand why Atari has not yet got ANY new VCS merchandise for sale! ? 

Actually, as with Jaguar homebrew, somebody who loves game boxes on their shelf
could design some Atari VCS boxes for the VCS games (for a backup on USB stick).

• Like 2

A couple of updates by way of comments from Atari re: Black Widow.

Somebody was complaining also that the games are not exclusive to the VCS.
Atari answered "We took the route of giving the VCS versions extra content..."
(e.g. The Centipede 2000 has 10 extra challenge levels on the VCS exclusively.)

image.thumb.png.43b9f49b27a1b6e7fcb4d962daeff664.png

On the VCS, the Classic controller SPINNER will be supported.

image.thumb.png.a9a7799ecd8cd7fdd58b13c2470353d3.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justclaws said:

A couple of updates by way of comments from Atari re: Black Widow.

Somebody was complaining also that the games are not exclusive to the VCS.
Atari answered "We took the route of giving the VCS versions extra content..."
(e.g. The Centipede 2000 has 10 extra challenge levels on the VCS exclusively.)

image.thumb.png.43b9f49b27a1b6e7fcb4d962daeff664.png

also, why would you care if its exclusive. wouldn't you want more sales.

more people would get it on the other systems. time release is fine though.

but missile command suffered because it was a mobile only app at first.

then later moved to steam, and that was it.  maybe they will re-release

it for other systems.

just to clarify, the spinner/paddle request is for other games right, like breakout.

black widow is a twin stick shooter.

later

Edited by negative1

is now in the store for xbox : preorder for 10/27

$10

The original cult classic arachnid-starring, twin-stick shooter returns! Just in time for Halloween, Black Widow: Recharged has been reimagined for modern gameplay, with vibrant visuals, powerful new abilities, and another original soundtrack from award-winning video game composer Megan McDuffee. Aim for a high score in the old school arcade mode and earn bragging rights with your name at the top of the leaderboard. Or test your skills and rank on the boards in one of 30 intensely creative challenges, which twist the gameplay in new and exciting ways. Collect cash from downed enemies to charge a powerful web blast, or pick up one of a dozen new power-ups including explosive blasts, spread-shots, and fear, trapping all enemies in your web. Every mode and level is playable in local co-op mode with a friend.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Black-Widow-Recharged/9NQL6R3TF299?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

---

yes, i have the original in Atari vault.

but why can't they include playing the original as an option also.

later

Edited by negative1

5 hours ago, negative1 said:

is now in the store for xbox : preorder for 10/27

$10

The original cult classic arachnid-starring, twin-stick shooter returns! Just in time for Halloween, Black Widow: Recharged has been reimagined for modern gameplay, with vibrant visuals, powerful new abilities, and another original soundtrack from award-winning video game composer Megan McDuffee. Aim for a high score in the old school arcade mode and earn bragging rights with your name at the top of the leaderboard. Or test your skills and rank on the boards in one of 30 intensely creative challenges, which twist the gameplay in new and exciting ways. Collect cash from downed enemies to charge a powerful web blast, or pick up one of a dozen new power-ups including explosive blasts, spread-shots, and fear, trapping all enemies in your web. Every mode and level is playable in local co-op mode with a friend.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Black-Widow-Recharged/9NQL6R3TF299?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

---

yes, i have the original in Atari vault.

but why can't they include playing the original as an option also.

later

Preordered on Xbox today too.

• Like 1