IGNORED

Help me select the next PS3 game to play

Cynicaster

Help me select the next PS3 game to play  

5 members have voted

1. 1. A friend gave me a bag with these games in it. Which one should I play next and why?

• Demon's Souls
    • Final Fantasy XIII
    • Batman Arkham Asylum
    • Assassins Creed II
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Mass Effect 3
    • L.A. Noire
    • Metal Gear Solid 4
    • Brothers In Arms - Hell's Highway
    • XCOM - Enemy Unknown
    • Skyrim
    • Fallout 3
    • Battlefield Bad Company 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2021 at 05:34 PM

Looks like the PS3 forum is pretty dead but I'll try this anyway....

I have not touched a "modern" game in over 10 years, with the main reason being I just can't justify the time commitment. 

Current circumstances have given me a short window of opportunity to try some games, so I dusted off the old PS3 that has been largely collecting dust forever (I realize real modern gamers probably laugh that I'm calling games from 2 generations ago "modern" but I normally play fixed screen maze games and shoot-em-ups so just humor me here.) 

I called a gamer friend and asked if he had any PS3 games in storage that I could borrow, and he certainly came through, dropping off this bag of games. Most of the names sound familiar but aside from one or two of them I don't know a thing about what to expect for gameplay experience, so I'm looking for recommendations.

I should mention that Borderlands was also in the bag and I've been playing it for a few days now.  I almost gave up on it because it was pissing me off and it seemed complicated, but I'm really starting to enjoy it now that I've leveled up a bit and can actually make progress.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to muster the motivation to stick with this game for 100 hours though, so I want to figure out what will be up next.  

Here are some rough ideas regarding my preferences:

- I'm a retro gamer at heart, meaning that my threshold of pain on "complexity" of controls and game design is not very high

- never been interested in RPG-style gameplay (grinding, building "experience" and all that shit), so there would need to be a very compelling reason to recommend one here

- I have no patience for games where I repeatedly find myself now knowing what to do or where to go, this will get turned off in minutes guaranteed

Thanks all

Most of those will require a pretty heavy time investment, which makes it hard to pick one (for you).  While I happen to think Fallout 3 is one of the best games ever made, it'll take a while to play through.  I would pick Batman Arkham Asylum from your list.  Everyone really loved it (even me and I'm not a comic book guy) and it's not punishingly long.

Based on your post though, I would recommend Rayman Origins or LittleBigPlanet.  Both are pure, simple fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fallout 3. Once you get into it. There is no putting it down. 

If you end up getting addicted to it. Fallout NewVegas is a great follow up.

After finishing FO3....I jumped right into NV immediately till that was done.

Batman is a great game. All of them are really.

• Like 1