IGNORED

Worm Whompers Activision Patch Help!!

Chuckstar

I posted this question in the wrong forum.  (Rookie)  I need some opinions about the Activision Worm Whompers Patch I just received in the mail.  It looks great but am curious if this may be a fake.  Would you patch experts take a look and help me determine if it is legit?  Thanks for any assistance in advance.

image.png.00d43c1909d761d975aa673ab6551e50.png

Actually, yours is suspicious.  The bottom text is the same color of brown as the background.  I believe it's supposed to be yellow.  See this one from eBay with the ironing instructions on the back:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Atari-Video-Game-Vintage-80s-Activision-Patch-Worm-Whomper-/292148581841?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Here's mine:

Screenshot_20210930-203002.thumb.png.1662ead84e60fd6219c09193611c0e99.png

And here's the one from GDG:

http://www.gooddealgames.com/articles/Activision_Patches.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Actually, yours is suspicious.  The bottom text is the same color of brown as the background.  I believe it's supposed to be yellow.  See this one from eBay with the ironing instructions on the back:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Atari-Video-Game-Vintage-80s-Activision-Patch-Worm-Whomper-/292148581841?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Here's mine:

Screenshot_20210930-203002.thumb.png.1662ead84e60fd6219c09193611c0e99.png

Lol that auction was me. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the input guys!  I purchased this patch $47 shipped on eBay. I started a return process that was accepted and already mailed back.  I actually didn’t really like spending that much for a patch as I haven’t spent more than $20 a patch and have several nice patches like H.E.R.O., Frostbite, and the horseshoe trail drive. I know eventually I’ll have to spend more if I ever want to complete this set but right now I’m happy getting lucky every once in a while. Only 17 more to go. 

1 hour ago, Chuckstar said:

Thanks for all the input guys!  I purchased this patch $47 shipped on eBay. I started a return process that was accepted and already mailed back.  I actually didn’t really like spending that much for a patch as I haven’t spent more than $20 a patch and have several nice patches like H.E.R.O., Frostbite, and the horseshoe trail drive. I know eventually I’ll have to spend more if I ever want to complete this set but right now I’m happy getting lucky every once in a while. Only 17 more to go. 

Wow, you’ve gotten some tough patches there.  Hero and the trail drive easily go for hundreds typically. 

I've also not spent more than around $15-20 on average for most of mine, but I'm still missing a bunch of the heavy hitters (Intellivision Trail Drive, Intellivision Dreadnaught Factor, H.E.R.O., Decathlon Silver/Gold, Frostbite, Crackpots, Friends of Dolphins, Super Sleuth, Robot Tank Cross of Excellence/Star of Honor, Space Shuttle).