IGNORED

ABBUC Magazine 146

pps

4 minutes ago, emkay said:

It's not really about tuning . I'm still searching for a way to have a clean development thread without trolls entering. 

It's very hard in a forum that locks you out of a thread by just explaining things. 

How about you name a thread- 'pokey music, clean development thread' exactly that sort of label and conversation, and work towards that goal instead of this kind of crap being spread through all the other threads? It's understood you aren't happy about stuff... does that mean everyone everywhere must now be unhappy too?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, emkay said:

It's not really about tuning . I'm still searching for a way to have a clean development thread without trolls entering. 

It's very hard in a forum that locks you out of a thread by just explaining things. 

You're not helping yourself by attacking other members of the forums as "trolls" as well as attacking moderation of the forum.  If you think everyone around you is a troll, you need to step back and come to the realization that perhaps you are the troll.  I am kicking you out of this thread now.  When you learn how to respond to people without calling them trolls just because they are giving you feedback, then this will stop happening.

..Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Back to topic.

Here in Germany (and most parts of Europe) Abbuc magazine 146 has arrived, it comes with two 5,25" diskettes and a paper supplement. The disks do contain all programs of the Abbuc Software Contest 2021 with english descriptions, the paper supplement includes the german descriptions.

Yes, the disks are missing the labels. Why?

Well, here in Europe (at least in Germany) we have a shortage of wood. And this shortage also went one step further, no wood - no paper! That's why the magazine appeared two or three weeks later, the printing press simply did not have any paper. When the paper-supplement finally arrived the printing press told us that they are still short on paper and we would have to wait two more weeks for the labels, due to lack of paper. Since we did not want the members to wait any longer we decided to send the magazine (disks) without the labels. The missing labels of #146 will be delivered with magazine 147 (hoping that the printing press has enough paper then).

Unbelievable, but true, in 2021 there is a shortage of wood and paper in Germany...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2021 at 3:59 PM, emkay said:

Discussion about POKEY music is just a neverending story....

It is very humble of you to offer up a perfect example of how out of tune, key and just harsh sounding your music is. I'm impressed with your humility! I can barely make out a few notes that almost sound like the main chorus harmony of 'The Never Ending Story' in there, but it most definitely made me have to end it for my poor ears!

Your talent lies in creating new sounds that no one has ever heard from the Pokey before, that could be used in the proper hands of a composer/musician, but you are definitely not that composer/musician! So PLEASE stop trying! Your killing my poor old ears here!

Though I am a humble fellow myself when it comes to admitting ignorance and lack of talent where I don't have any, even if I'm prideful where I am talented. I have no idea how to do what you do with sound and the Pokey, I've never tried, I'm totally ignorant. And I don't know that I could make Pokey music that sounds better than yours, I've never tried, but I'll admit less talent in that area than you, even though I may be ignorant of a hidden talent, musical and all types of art does run in the family. But I'm even ignorant of reading music myself and I certainly can't sing, it's about as good on the ears as your Pokey music!

But I was raised around first-class musicians (and artists which is the direction I took) and I'm an audiophile and know good music when I here it and I know bad music when I here it. 

Edited by Gunstar
  • Haha 1