IGNORED

Kings of Edom pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

On 10/10/2021 at 12:26 PM, agradeneu said:

Honestly the modern era rogue lites fixed a lot of those problems that compromised that genre back in the day. 

I dunno, I always liked Dragon Crystal and I like it more now than I ever did. Fatal Labyrinth still holds up very well too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sargon said:

This game looks incredible and I have already pre-ordered.

Might we eventually see Phoboz progress to a full-fledged RPG, the biggest gap in the Jaguar library?

I am not sure what you mean by a fully fledged RPG, because there are so many different kinds of RPGs besides Roguelike RPGs?

E.g. JRPG (Final Fantasy etc.), Action RPG (The Legend of Zelda), Strategy RPG (Shining Force etc.)

I guess what you mean is a RPG with a lot of story in it? The most story heavy RPGs I am aware about are JRPGs, so I might go for that next. However I am not the best story teller, so maybe I need to team up with someone for that?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, phoboz said:

I guess what you mean is a RPG with a lot of story in it? The most story heavy RPGs I am aware about are JRPGs, so I might go for that next. However I am not the best story teller, so maybe I need to team up with someone for that?

You are right, RPG is a very broad category.  I was thinking more along the lines of a JRPG - Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Phantasy Star.  Obviously anything of that scope would be a massive project, but it would also be amazing to see even an abbreviated version of a JRPG on the Jaguar.  It seems that Kings of Edom already has RPG elements and a similar graphic style, so that is what prompted me to ask the question.  I'm not trying to sound unappreciative of your current efforts or minimize the effort that would be required to create a JRPG-style game, but a person can dream! ?

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 9:07 PM, phoboz said:

Sounds like a great idea, when do we start?!?!?

Nah this is super impressive achievement, we needed something between fatal labyrinth and Azure dreams and I think this is it. Not that it needs comparison to other games, it's looking a beauty in its own right.

Congratulations on selling out all the stock, hope your 2nd run is just as successful!

Woo woo super hyped! 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, Songbird said:

First run is SOLD OUT. Now accepting pre-orders for a second run in December.

https://songbird-productions.com/product/kings-of-edom/

Wow that's great! How many in the first run? Would be great if you could do the same or more in the next run! People still buy Atari games and I think it's great that Songbird and other people do homebrews like this. Wish it could have been like this when Atari first released the Jag. Maybe more people would have bought it and it would have more games and they would have survived to create other consoles. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vrocko said:

Wow that's great! How many in the first run? Would be great if you could do the same or more in the next run! People still buy Atari games and I think it's great that Songbird and other people do homebrews like this. Wish it could have been like this when Atari first released the Jag. Maybe more people would have bought it and it would have more games and they would have survived to create other consoles. 

The second sentence in the first post in this thread states 100 copies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1