IGNORED

Kings of Edom pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

1 hour ago, ColecoGamer said:

Did anyone here receive their game from the recent pre-order yet? Mine was shipped, so I am waiting patiently for it to arrive. ? 

Just as a warning: I'm finding that shipping is taking at _least_ twice as long as pre-COVID times, often more.  Items that normally take a week are taking two to three weeks to arrive, and items from overseas..?  I ordered something from an eBay seller in China back in October and it took seven weeks to arrive!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ls650 said:

Just as a warning: I'm finding that shipping is taking at _least_ twice as long as pre-COVID times, often more.  Items that normally take a week are taking two to three weeks to arrive, and items from overseas..?  I ordered something from an eBay seller in China back in October and it took seven weeks to arrive!

Yikes! Seven weeks is an incredibly long time to wait for a package. Well… luckily I’m patient. It arrives when it arrives. The wait will just make the experience more exciting. ?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

Yikes! Seven weeks is an incredibly long time to wait for a package. Well… luckily I’m patient. It arrives when it arrives. The wait will just make the experience more exciting. ?

When I was a young’un in 1800s, everything was “Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Kal said:

So I’ve completed the level one map a few times now but buggered if I can find the thing you are meant to find. Anyone got any pointers? 

Keep going up the levels! I think level 3/4 is where you'd find the first key, they are in set levels and you have a random chance of them spawning.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kal said:

So I’ve completed the level one map a few times now but buggered if I can find the thing you are meant to find. Anyone got any pointers? 

Leaf through the "under the influence of hunger" thread farther down on the previous page. It is filled with pointers and different strategies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

A bit late the party, but I ordered my copy this morning from Songbird Productions. There's something about new games for old consoles that I like - and I haven't played a game like this for a long time, so I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable play through.

• Like 3

Thanks for your support! I think you will enjoy it. Having the extra element of collecting crowns via multiple playthroughs helps give the game a larger goal in addition to "how deep can you explore." I definitely enjoy playing it even though I'm not very good at reaching the deepest levels! ;)

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was trying to get the last 3 crowns for the past few times I've played and accidentally died due to not paying attention for a second, deaths were a little cheap.  Auto health, where game automatically uses your red health jars if you have them vs dying.  This game really should have saves as it takes hours to level up and once gold is used its gone.  Other improvements would be more weapon types and more monsters types.  Also the map needs to load faster.  The basics are there, and its still fun, but could be so much more.  The movement when monster is in same room is a bit too jerky.  I know what is trying to be done, intentional movement or non-intentional, but the delay is too long and makes game feel laggy.  Even with its faults its still in my top 5 Jag games as it has a certain charm to it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, grips03 said:

The movement when monster is in same room is a bit too jerky.  I know what is trying to be done, intentional movement or non-intentional, but the delay is too long and makes game feel laggy.

I believe it is portraying turn-based combat with the speed of each turn fast enough to resemble real-time combat. 

Now 9 of 11 crowns.  For the last two crowns I don't remember seeing the crown notice when entering the level, does that sound right?

I ended up seeing a single screen ending after going past level 12. 

Now I need to increase gold funds.

I was thinking of other ways to improve this type of game if a sequel is made.  Allow hero to sell extra weapons/items at the store.  Before going past level 12, let player know this will end the game and they are still missing 2 crowns.  Its seems a little bit meaningless to fight bad guys on the various levels, this should mean more in HP, magic spell or attack.  Since the laggy movement is for grid turn based, then have an option where the time allocated for the grid turn based pause can be turned off/adjusted.   

IMG_4145.jpeg

• Like 1