IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2021 thread

CaptainBreakout

Well, after about a week delay, the last item for my recipient finally shipped.  I should be able to send out the complete package of goodies in about a week.  I had a blast shopping for my recipient and I really appreciated the great and detailed wish list that they provided.  To my Secret Santa, I apologize that my list wasn't so stellar, but be assured that I will be happy with anything.  It has been a long time since I have participated in a Secret Santa and I forgot how much fun it is.

• Like 6

Waiting for a couple more items to arrive for my recipient.  I am feeling a bunch less confident about what I picked for them vs how I did last year, and it's entirely my fault for lack of time put in / effort, they provided tons of great ideas.  Hopefully I'm being hard on myself and they'll love what they get, it's so tough to tell sometimes.  As to me and whatever I get, I agree strongly with @Armscar Coder, I will be happy with anything.  I really am doing this SS thing this year to give; just LOVE giving video games / related, I am not in actual need of anything so it's all cherries on top (and I do love cherries!).  

Here's hoping the rest of my orders show up fast so I can get them wrapped and in the mail soon :)

• Like 5

I tend to agree with ClassicGMR that it's fun to ship early just to be more... Mischievous (let's split the difference!).

However this year we didn't get quite as early a start as last. I had some trouble thinking of stuff, but I'm not worried. It's still November. I plan on shipping first week in December, and I feel I'll probably be ok. That ought to be for the USA to USA members... But yeah, if you are shipping international, who knows?... so the sooner the better. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I tried to get everything shipped out ASAP this year. I wasn’t sure what this year was going to be like. Al was a huge help as always this year. If you mention it’s for Secret Santa he always seems to dedicate some special elves to expedite the process.

I’ve been enjoying this Christmas Season a lot so far and I think the Atariage Secret Santa has been a big part of that once again. Thanks Captain Breakout and Chicgamer for another wonderful Christmas Season again so far!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, adamchevy said:

Al was a huge help as always this year. If you mention it’s for Secret Santa he always seems to dedicate some special elves to expedite the process

So true! The last item on my list came in today from the AA store. Will ship out by Wednesday or early next week the latest.

• Like 4

Getting my items ready, not there yet but got a few already.

Please everyone mark clearly on the package something like "Secret Santa"  so we don't open the box and ruin the surprise thinking it might be from an order we made.

I however plan to wrap my gifts so if the person opens it by mistake the surprise won't be spoiled.

Thank you!

• Like 4

Allright, with work FINALLY slowing down and such I was able to dig deeper and I think I've got a good set of presents together at last.  Feeling much better about things now, what a great feeling.  My best Xmases have always been when I was able to if not "wow" someone in either my family or friends group, at least to make them know I really thought about what I knew of them with what I gave.  Secret Santa is much more of a crapshoot of course since we have just bits and pieces to go on, but it still feels SO great to give to Atari folks.  :)  Now to get things packaged up and ready to hit the mail...with Santa Hat firmly placed on head.  :)

Santa Flying.jpg

• Like 5

I'm still on vacation, but I have purchased my Secret Santa item (just one due to cost) and will include some misc stuff and candy with it and mail it out as soon as it comes in the first week of December.

It will still be over two weeks to Christmas so I'm hopeful my person will get it in Canada before the holiday.

• Like 4

On 11/22/2021 at 8:42 AM, Crazy Climber said:

Is there a standard time to ship? I've got everything ready to go but thought I was supposed to wait until closer to Christmas. I'll ship it out now though if thats the general group thought....

I always ship as soon as possible, to allow maximum time for mailing slowdowns & (heaven forbid!) lost/damaged boxes. The recipient can always choose not to open it until closer to the actual 25th!

6 hours ago, imstarryeyed said:

Please everyone mark clearly on the package something like "Secret Santa"  so we don't open the box and ruin the surprise thinking it might be from an order we made.

I usually draw a lil' AA logo on the label, as a bit of a tipoff. And I wrap gifts every year too- both for surprise keeping & because it's fun!

All of my items have arrived & been confirmed to work (yay!) But because the last item arrived a day late, I wasn't able to ship the box yet. I'm hoping early next week- retail work is killer this time of year though, so we'll see if I can make it! Definitely no later than the 7th... otherwise I'm gonna get twitchy & recruit someone to do it while I'm working!

• Like 6