IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2021 thread

CaptainBreakout

I was willing to wait for the excitement of Christmas! Being dad kinda means you don't get to open gifts like the kids so I was gonna wait, but I was peer pressured at home and we all know how that goes.

I very much love everything I was given. I have an almost equal love for most consoles but the first one I ever had was NES, and my dad hogged Zelda. It made me want to play it so we would have common ground and all. Well anyway. The Legend of Zelda will always need my favorite series and that was mentioned in my letter to Santa. It felt great to open everything I did and see so much nostalgia. 

Thank you so much to my Secret Santa! They even include some gifts for my wife, which is probably why I was pressured in the first place. Haha.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

PXL_20211211_021220445~2.jpg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, chicgamer said:

Awesome! Do you have a mouse adapter for your Jaguar? A mouse really improves the control of the Star Wars games.

That's exactly the reason why I spent $320 a couple years ago to get the Arcade1Up Star Wars cab.  Emulation and console ports have NEVER done the Atari Star Wars games justice.

• Like 3

I got my package yesterday. I'm trying hard to wait until at least Christmas Eve, to open. 

There was one gift unwrapped and just encased in a cardboard sleeve. I couldn't stand not knowing what it was!! As you can see what it was, was TOO COOL!!

AA.jpg

• Like 9

My package arrived this morning (which is also weird, the mail truck usually doesn't come by until the afternoon), but...

holy smokes! This package is HUGE! It weighs over 12 lbs! ?  There could be anything in there!

I will open it up live on stream ( https://www.twitch.tv/drmoocowz ) on Sunday, Dec 19th at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, followed by some Atari 2600 High Score Club attempts! I'll post photos after the stream is done. I'll give a friendly "bump" on Sunday as a reminder.

I can already say ahead of time without even opening it, this is way too much, Santa! But, thank you! :) ?

• Like 6

On 12/12/2021 at 6:52 AM, chicgamer said:

Oy. Yet another reason to hate getting old.

So, is everyone waiting until Christmas to open gifts? I want to see some gift opening pics, dammit! ? 

It's tough, because it's a big old tempting package, but I am doing my best to wait until Christmas. As a kid I ruined all my Christmas surprises...gonna send Ferg an audio submission for his Christmas episode telling all about it.

• Like 4

How about a round of applause for USPS because all my packages are flying to their destinations super fast this season. My SS package made it cross country in 2 1/2 days. Not sure what other peoples experiences have been. I think the quality of the local PO staff has a lot to do with my experience.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chuck D. Head said:

How about a round of applause for USPS because all my packages are flying to their destinations super fast this season. My SS package made it cross country in 2 1/2 days. Not sure what other peoples experiences have been. I think the quality of the local PO staff has a lot to do with my experience.

Ahh, so it was YOU!  My wifey said it came this morning.  I don't open gifts until at least Christmas Eve, so everyone will just have to be on their toes until then!  My recipients gift is also out for delivery today as well.  The postal service is on top of things this year for sure.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

You have to build the cab first, which for someone as unskilled as me took several hours. :) But once done it's ready to play.  Here's my Star Wars and my new Tron cab.

Beautiful machines. All that's missing is an arcade counter with a milkshake machine or soda fountain, nacho cheese and chip warmer. Unless you're going for more of a darker theme like a night club.

• Like 1