IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2021 thread

CaptainBreakout

15 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Yes, he does :)

Ah-ha!  I was wondering if that's what that was.  I see it's USB (!!! -that's NOT in the AA store!)... I'm going to try a simple logitech USB mouse in it I guess- let me know if I shouldn't. :)

SO... anyways, now that the kids are at school and I have 20 or so minutes before I have to get my ass to work...

WOW!

I'll start by saying.  I'll try not to make this too long, but it might be.

I bowed to the pressure of my kids yesterday.  We were decorating (you can see all the totes in the pics) and they pointed out that there are other presents under the tree now... so I should open my AA one (they also know from past years that there is probably stuff for them in it too).

1_Kidsinchairs.thumb.jpg.168053329290dcd8499378f6d8d4084d.jpg

OPEN OPEN OPEN!

2_WeDugIn.thumb.jpg.d8a76d8f158df8e3907d07b277a8aa08.jpg 

We dug in.  There is a LOT of wrapped stuff in there!

3_Game.thumb.jpg.dd39d220ce9900d0003edb15de7d3fab.jpg

OOOOOOPOOoooooo!!!!!!   A custom game!!!!!  OH HOLY PIES!!!

Santa... THANK YOU!!!!!!!

4_GameAgain!.thumb.jpg.e1424c95ed2cfedc4a5e34447d39687e.jpg

Oh man!   ANOTHER awesome game I didn't even know existed!  Of course, it didn't exist... come to think of it- not on the Jaguar (which IS my favorite system)...  'Till Santa got ahold of it and worked some magic.

5_PokemonBox!.thumb.jpg.2de89f261acfa5c0e032f11c9fc6904b.jpg

At this point we saw that Santa had special presents for the kids (with really cute messages on them)

8_Hat!.thumb.jpg.8f9427b18b4b92daa3aa30dddcdcefa9.jpg

As you can see, my daughter really liked the Mario hat!   It was hard to get a picture of her holding it since she was waving it around everywhere!

9_StarWars.thumb.jpg.849e20e41da96ee93568fc10628328b7.jpg

Another great moment!  A game I REALLY wanted too!!  How Santa knew, I don't understand.  My son's really into Luke Skywaker right now too, so we couldn't wait to blow up the death star (which I managed to do shortly after, on Easy anyway... hey- didn't want to disappoint my son! :)  )

10_WanderingInHat.thumb.jpg.9e3dce4026d6aa668c67af65c5748d9f.jpg

Meanwhile my daughter started wondering around with the hat completely over her head. I needed to snap a picture because it was one of those moments.

11_Coins.thumb.jpg.07fca286902a442f3817b982ab876c7c.jpg 

I needed a closeup of these.  They are so rad!

12_Loot!.thumb.jpg.f7409f19c43a5863cf21fb61165dafb0.jpg

The complete loot... spread!  Can I coin a phrase?  Cover your ears kids.  Jaguargasm.  Had to go there.

Thank you to my not-so-secret Santa!  You went above and beyond!  I can't even begin to thank you... you knew just what to do here with me!  All of this stuff is new to me too... and now my Jaguar carts outnumber my N64 carts by 3 to 1!  HAHAHA!  The Jaguar definitely won the 64-bit console wars in Rough and Ready.  

Thank you again, Santa.  This was awesome.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited by CaptainBreakout
Over-enthusiastic spelling errors.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joeatari1 said:

Ahh, so it was YOU!  My wifey said it came this morning.  I don't open gifts until at least Christmas Eve, so everyone will just have to be on their toes until then!  My recipients gift is also out for delivery today as well.  The postal service is on top of things this year for sure.

Uhhh,....I didn't say it was delivered today.....you must be thinking of another Santa..........ok, fine. I guess I'm still not very good at secrets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Santa the box arrived here in Massachusetts and in great shape! That’s my Game Informer on top… Isn’t it beautiful… lol 

I’m hoping to open it tonight….

image.jpg

• Like 9

44 minutes ago, Zeptari1 said:

Santa the box arrived here in Massachusetts and in great shape! That’s my Game Informer on top… Isn’t it beautiful… lol 

I’m hoping to open it tonight….

You mean the post office actually paid attention to the Fragile sticker? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

You mean the post office actually paid attention to the Fragile sticker? 

They did this time and pretty soon this is going to be in my tummy!

image.jpg

i’m going to break tradition and wait to open all the wrapped presents on Christmas Day.

Edited by Zeptari1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I love this stuff!   I don't know what's better... the inner monologue and personal freakout of what to do with an unopened box of hand-tailored gamer goodies before Christmas, or the pic of the actual presents themselves.

Richer than chocolate cake (with crumbled candy canes in the frosting).

Edited by CaptainBreakout
Cheers everyone!
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, chicgamer said:

But I want to see what you got now! ?

image.png.acd3993232aaf28f86177a4d934d8471.png

I had to look up the release date of Willy Wonka to see if it was a holiday film. :) June 1971. Veruca Salt is dressed as Santa because everyday's Christmas when you want it ALL and right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

article-2255393-00961BC51000044C-992_634

Obviously elves or a mix of elf and troll -- trelf or elfoll

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today I received a mystery gift in the mail.  I received a Centipede Recharged tee shirt in the mail and have no idea who sent it to me.  I already checked with my Dad and my Sister and they both said that it wasn't them.  I am wondering if it was my Not-So-Secret Santa.  ?

• Like 2