Jump to content
CaptainBreakout

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2021 thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chicgamer said:

If I hit stage 4, then something has gone terribly wrong with my life. 😛 

My grandmother had a respectable beard....

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chicgamer said:

If I hit stage 4, then something has gone terribly wrong with my life. 😛 

My grandmother prided herself on her resemblance to Mrs Claus, particularly in the old Golden Books.  She definitely could rock the look.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

My grandmother prided herself on her resemblance to Mrs Claus, particularly in the old Golden Books.  She definitely could rock the look.

Your grandfather was a happy man, I bet.

 

rm-c126.jpg?v=1554432028

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

My grandmother had a respectable beard....

Oy. Yet another reason to hate getting old.

 

So, is everyone waiting until Christmas to open gifts? I want to see some gift opening pics, dammit! 😛 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, chicgamer said:

So, is everyone waiting until Christmas to open gifts?

So excited to! Just waiting for Mr. & Mrs. Claus to drop it off. :)

 

186-1865460_graphic-of-charlie-brown-loo

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was willing to wait for the excitement of Christmas! Being dad kinda means you don't get to open gifts like the kids so I was gonna wait, but I was peer pressured at home and we all know how that goes.

 

I very much love everything I was given. I have an almost equal love for most consoles but the first one I ever had was NES, and my dad hogged Zelda. It made me want to play it so we would have common ground and all. Well anyway. The Legend of Zelda will always need my favorite series and that was mentioned in my letter to Santa. It felt great to open everything I did and see so much nostalgia. 

 

Thank you so much to my Secret Santa! They even include some gifts for my wife, which is probably why I was pressured in the first place. Haha.

 

Merry Christmas, everyone!

 

PXL_20211211_021220445~2.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

So excited to! Just waiting for Mr. & Mrs. Claus to drop it off. :)

 

186-1865460_graphic-of-charlie-brown-loo

Same! I haven't even heard from Santa's helpers that it's in the mail. I suppose my Santa found a good way to keep me from opening early again? 😅

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

I caved.  Pics soon.  Holy mackerel!!!!

That hopefuly sounds like a "Mission Accomplished" :D

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

 

PXL_20211211_021220445~2.jpg

Cool Zelda stuff! I would totally make use of that throw blanket (I'm often wrapped up in one during the winter).

59 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

I caved.  Pics soon.  Holy mackerel!!!!

Yes, soon. Pics very soon. Please. :) 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chicgamer said:

Awesome! Do you have a mouse adapter for your Jaguar? A mouse really improves the control of the Star Wars games.

That's exactly the reason why I spent $320 a couple years ago to get the Arcade1Up Star Wars cab.  Emulation and console ports have NEVER done the Atari Star Wars games justice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chicgamer said:

Awesome! Do you have a mouse adapter for your Jaguar? A mouse really improves the control of the Star Wars games.

Yes, he does :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my package yesterday. I'm trying hard to wait until at least Christmas Eve, to open. 

There was one gift unwrapped and just encased in a cardboard sleeve. I couldn't stand not knowing what it was!! As you can see what it was, was TOO COOL!!

 

 

 

 

AA.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping my Secret Santa got my package.  I'm worried cause it was shipped out of country and I don't know how reliable the tracking information is, and I haven't seen anyone from Canada post here that they got their package.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My package arrived this morning (which is also weird, the mail truck usually doesn't come by until the afternoon), but...

 

holy smokes! This package is HUGE! It weighs over 12 lbs! 😲  There could be anything in there!

 

I will open it up live on stream ( https://www.twitch.tv/drmoocowz ) on Sunday, Dec 19th at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, followed by some Atari 2600 High Score Club attempts! I'll post photos after the stream is done. I'll give a friendly "bump" on Sunday as a reminder.

 

I can already say ahead of time without even opening it, this is way too much, Santa! But, thank you! :) 🎅

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

That's exactly the reason why I spent $320 a couple years ago to get the Arcade1Up Star Wars cab.  Emulation and console ports have NEVER done the Atari Star Wars games justice.

Is it good right out of the box or did you have to modify it in some way?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

Is it good right out of the box or did you have to modify it in some way?

You have to build the cab first, which for someone as unskilled as me took several hours. :) But once done it's ready to play.  Here's my Star Wars and my new Tron cab.

IMG_0642 (2).JPG

IMG_0634.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2021 at 6:52 AM, chicgamer said:

Oy. Yet another reason to hate getting old.

 

So, is everyone waiting until Christmas to open gifts? I want to see some gift opening pics, dammit! 😛 

It's tough, because it's a big old tempting package, but I am doing my best to wait until Christmas. As a kid I ruined all my Christmas surprises...gonna send Ferg an audio submission for his Christmas episode telling all about it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a round of applause for USPS because all my packages are flying to their destinations super fast this season. My SS package made it cross country in 2 1/2 days. Not sure what other peoples experiences have been. I think the quality of the local PO staff has a lot to do with my experience.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuck D. Head said:

How about a round of applause for USPS because all my packages are flying to their destinations super fast this season. My SS package made it cross country in 2 1/2 days. Not sure what other peoples experiences have been. I think the quality of the local PO staff has a lot to do with my experience.

Ahh, so it was YOU!  My wifey said it came this morning.  I don't open gifts until at least Christmas Eve, so everyone will just have to be on their toes until then!  My recipients gift is also out for delivery today as well.  The postal service is on top of things this year for sure.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SoulBlazer said:

You have to build the cab first, which for someone as unskilled as me took several hours. :) But once done it's ready to play.  Here's my Star Wars and my new Tron cab.

 

 

 

Beautiful machines. All that's missing is an arcade counter with a milkshake machine or soda fountain, nacho cheese and chip warmer. Unless you're going for more of a darker theme like a night club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...