IGNORED

Your Favorite Arcade Games For Halloween

Simple question - what are your favorite arcade games to play during Halloween season?

Granted, you can't really get spooked or creeped out by a game in a public setting (at least I can't), but there are a ton of games out there which fit perfectly with the haunted/horror theme of the month.

One of my faves is The Spectre Files: Deathstalker. Granted, this is exceptionally rare to find in arcades (as far as I know, Galloping Ghost only sold 4 or 5 of them), but it is available on Steam since last year.

• Like 1

How about Ghosts & Goblins?  Or it's sequel...

Or Haunted House pinball!!!

There was also this Genesis game,  (not arcade I know),  but it was kind of an unfinished survival horror game...They sold the ROM and I always meant to buy it ...I seem to remember you'd pick choices on where to go and most paths led to death...

Hang on,...Looking it up.

OK Just FWIW,

• Like 1

Haha, Chiller - what a "game."

Yeah @GoldLeader, that brings to mind that there are a lot of haunted/Halloween themed pinball machines out there. The Addams Family certainly takes the cake, but you also have Twilight Zone, Ghostbusters, Dracula and even a new John Carptenter's Halloween:

Also, that Genesis game looks interesting. Reminds me of that unfinished JagCD game that Starcat was working on years ago, can't remember what it's called though.

@Place Logo Here No worries, just like GoldLeader talking about that Genesis game. Games that unnerved me were all on console - Dracula on the Lynx (with headphones at night), Alien Vs. PRedator on the Jag when I was younger, Clock Tower 3 on the PS2. 

Back on arcades, I remember the first and second House of the Dead Games being creepier than the newer stuff, maybe just because you don't feel terribly helpless when you've got a machine gun to mow enemies down with.  That and they were more graphic. Another shameless plug for my recent HOTD: Scarlet Dawn capture 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 1:35 AM, roots.genoa said:

Now I want this!... ? Is there an emulated version somewhere?

Not that I'm aware of. While Stern has "digitizied" some of their pins into virtual form, the company that did Halloween is still relatively small and has shown no interest in such a thing. So only chances are coming across a real pin (which I imagine is not terribly easy in your neck of the woods) ?

Hadn't heard of the Spooky Mix for DK, will have to check that out.

Splatterhouse is definitely worth it and does get as close as you can to creeping you out, even in the arcade. 

Golly Ghost is a neat early version of Augmented Reality. Too bad they're super rare, but definitely really cool. 

• Sad 1