IGNORED

Did you see new TV series Ghost?

videofx

I think we all have our various machine tee shirts, my daughter normally buys me one every xmas, but I only normally wear them if we are doing a video group chat on another forum I'm on (the Atari owner club forum). I sometimes wear them in Tesco (big food supermarket) but you get people asking you what an Amiga etc is, and then when you try and explain it's like "oh why did I ask"... Yes indeed...

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I think we all have our various machine tee shirts, my daughter normally buys me one every xmas, but I only normally wear them if we are doing a video group chat on another forum I'm on (the Atari owner club forum). I sometimes wear them in Tesco (big food supermarket) but you get people asking you what an Amiga etc is, and then when you try and explain it's like "oh why did I ask"... Yes indeed...

I've got C64 and Amiga coffee mugs that my Daughter got me many years ago as Father's day presents. I meant to get a 600XL mug and actually found the very artist that made the artwork on my C64 and Amiga mugs here on AA, he released a 600XL mug and I forgot to buy one - Your comment just reminded me!

Now I have to go through my posting history and find that post so I can support the individual and have a cool 600XL coffee mug!

I want a Depeche Mode T-shirt, but I can't find one I like...

Ha ha...Yeah she buys me mugs from ebay, another member on that other forum I mentioned got me one for Xmas, I broke it 2 days later while doing the washing up... Bad person..

I was never much into the synth stuff in the 80's, but I did like The Human League and all the stuff they did. I listen to it more these days as a mood bump, amazed at how much stuff I like from then. Mind you, I'm the guy who never knew Jump from Van Halen was about suicide DOH!!!

Same with Season's in the sun... How brain-dead we can be as young folk :)

I guess it's more that as young folk, we listen to the beat and not so much the words, now I'm hopefully more aware, I listen to the words a lot more (when I can make them out, some singing just defeats my ear drums), some great stuff from that era..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

When I wear one of my Atari t-shirts, I sometimes get the comment, "Oh I had an Atari!" (little smile, holds both hands up vertically facing each other with open palms, with both arms going up and done out of sync with one another) (can you imagine that?). Then they say, "Yeah, it had like these bats and there was a ball going between them and it went 'Boop, boop, boop'".

I then say (disappointed that they didn't have the Atari 8-bit computer), "Oh, you mean an Atari 2600". Then they reply, "Yeah, something like that, oh wait, it might be Grandstand or something similar, I can't really remember, it was a long time ago".

"Oh OK, did you enjoy it?".

"Yeah", they say.

That's the end of the conversation.

adam242, this is the one time I completely don't get your secondary reference...

I get the gist of what you are saying in the first part...

but the second part completely looses me... there never was a palestine per se ... but there has been an Israel twice.

The Philistines came from the North down to the South... the muddied waters makes a mess for all time.

erm...Politics, gents.....

And yes, it's amazing that when someone does spot your tee shirt and then get it all completely wrong :) Still I smile, have a quick chat with them and move on.. Life is too short to be putting people right all the time..

• Like 3