IGNORED

John Russell Innovations Board - Compatible Software

Hi guys,

According to Bruce at B & C, you can only access the extra colors it provides with software specially written for it. He doesn't have it, so I'm looking for some.

This is what I know :

There might have been a demo or two on the disks provided with it.

Bruce said there was a game written for it .. wing something.. he could'nt remember, and also possibly a few polish demos that exploited it.

Any info or files you might have would be appreciated. The demo's and games would be showcased on my little YT channel.

Paul

IMG_4765.JPG

Edited by Paul Westphal

The JRI4096C board is compatible with the STE color palette, so any software (mostly graphics/paint software) that takes advantage of the 4096 color STE color palette should work. It does NOT mean STE software that takes advantage of the other STE-enhanced features like stereo sound, hardware scrolling, etc will run. Only software that uses the extended color palette will work.

3 hours ago, Paul Westphal said:

That clears that up.

Much thanks atarian1!

I'll try the new Lotus on it..

I don't think it will work because, as I said, only software the ONLY uses the extended color palette will work. If the software takes advantage of the other STE features, it will not work. 

If I recall, Lotus uses the extra STE features such as digital sound and the blitter, neither of which are on the 520ST.