Rev

Amico big BIG news reveal on 10/10/21

1 hour ago, Mik's Arcade said:

$150.00 is pricy for the set, but I still might bite

That's less than $20. a game and they are the limited collectors editions.

You may regret not buying them now before they sell out.

I am already questioning whether I should have purchased the even more limited European ones.

1 hour ago, mthompson said:

If Amicos weren't going to be in consumers' hands for another year, there'd be no logic to selling physical games today. 

Well, unless they had produced them earlier (they did) and 2021 is written on them. 🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

That's less than $20. a game and they are the limited collectors editions.

You may regret not buying them now before they sell out.

I am already questioning whether I should have purchased the even more limited European ones.

right, it's a small investment, but I'm questioning whether they will really sought after by collectors in the future.

Also, I'm sure most of these game are the ones we are getting for free at launch.

19 minutes ago, Mik's Arcade said:

right, it's a small investment, but I'm questioning whether they will really sought after by collectors in the future.

Also, I'm sure most of these game are the ones we are getting for free at launch.

I just bought the set of 8.  I figure worst case scenario, 20 years from now, a grandkid will own them and brag that his G-Pa took a bath on them. Lol 

Just kidding!!   I like how they look, and looking forward to what's ahead for the Amico.  I've been on-board since day-1 and I'm not backing out. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

I just bought the set of 8.  I figure worst case scenario, 20 years from now, a grandkid will own them and brag that his G-Pa took a bath on them. Lol 

Just kidding!!   I like how they look, and looking forward to what's ahead for the Amico.  I've been on-board since day-1 and I'm not backing out. 

Yeah, I'm not much of a collector anymore, but this is a small investment.  But, you are right, I better order these quick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

I have  learned to view it as:"Will I ever actually sell off what I am buying?".

Usually,the answer is no. I just want to enjoy and probably keep it as long as I am alive.

At the price being offered,for the Collectors Editions,is less than it may ever be at a later date.

So it's the least expensive way to buy it.

That's what I look at!

2 hours ago, Mik's Arcade said:

but I'm questioning whether they will really sought after by collectors in the future.

To me, that kind of depends on something that they haven’t told us yet, but I’m kind of assuming the worst, sadly – how are these “future proof?”

For example, 20 years down the road, if you have a complete sealed set, mint condition, WATA graded, all that good stuff, but the servers aren’t online or the system itself no longer connects to whatever version of the internet we have at that point --- do you have sealed games, or just a sealed box, coin, and 2 cards?

Tommy has repeatedly said they have something planned that’ll “make everyone happy,” so maybe they have that all sorted out, but as long as it’s “internet required to download” and there’s no actual game in the box, that seems like it would cut out a huge chunk of the “video game” collectors.

• Like 2

To be fair, physical carts won't be eternal either, and some of WataGames graded games may not be working since they're sealed and will probably stay that way until the speculative bubble bursts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mik's Arcade said:

Another bummer is that I'm pretty sure most of these games are the 6 bundled 'free' games that come with the system.

I think someone in another thread pointed out that that isn't actually the case.

5 minutes ago, Beatley82 said:

I think someone in another thread pointed out that that isn't actually the case.

you are right, I stand corrected...

Free launch titles.....

Skiing, Astrosmash, Shark! Shark!, Cornhole, and Farkle

the 6th is a party title to be named later.

Looks like I am off to order these....I hope the Amico can recognize the card and load the game without opening the box like someone else mentioned....

59 minutes ago, Mik's Arcade said:

you are right, I stand corrected...

Free launch titles.....

Skiing, Astrosmash, Shark! Shark!, Cornhole, and Farkle

the 6th is a party title to be named later.

Looks like I am off to order these....I hope the Amico can recognize the card and load the game without opening the box like someone else mentioned....

Unless the box is a Faraday cage, you can at the very least make a copy to use when installing, if you want to leave the box sealed. ;)

1 minute ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

Unless the box is a Faraday cage, you can at the very least make a copy to use when installing, if you want to leave the box sealed. ;)

thanks.

Well, it's done now...I have ordered the full set....

I'm going to support this console until the very end  :)

• Like 1

Missed opportunity with the coins.  They should have also made super limited "Gold" coins and randomly put them in the 50K units manufactured.  Say like 50 - 100 Gold coins.  

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, jbrodack said:

Doesn't look as exciting as was hyped to be 

You mean you don't to want to pay $20+ for a code to eventually play Evel Knievel? What what? 😉

Edited by Beatley82
  • Haha 2

So if these sell out in the next few days, which I'm sure they will, there'll be no physical games available at launch?  Or will there be new titles?  Or will there be another production run of these games in less "limited edition" packaging?

There will be standard editions, but the weird thing is they'll have the card and the coin too, so people are starting to think the limited editions are just limited because it's written on it. 🤨

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Thanks 2

Those boxes look kinda flimsy and no manual or anything.  Just an rfid card which are super cheap to make, a 3d art card, and for some reason a metal coin. Thought it was gonna be filled with goodies or something like the old controller overlays.  

I understand the video where the Amico youtubers talk about the boxes without revealing it even less now.  What were they so excited about? 

26 minutes ago, jbrodack said:

Those boxes look kinda flimsy and no manual or anything.  Just an rfid card which are super cheap to make, a 3d art card, and for some reason a metal coin. Thought it was gonna be filled with goodies or something like the old controller overlays.  

I understand the video where the Amico youtubers talk about the boxes without revealing it even less now.  What were they so excited about? 

Maybe they were excited about receiving attention? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Rev said:

Maybe they were excited about receiving attention? 

Ugh....there's a joke here but I just can't....

😂

9 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Ugh....there's a joke here but I just can't....

😂

….get it up?    Sheesh, you are a boomer!

• Haha 1

Question I don't think I've seen asked or answered anywhere (but there's a lot to keep up with).

So you swipe your card and the game downloads to your console. Is that it, or, as with the SNES/NES online games on Switch, do you still need to connect to the internet regularly to prove you still 'own' the game? Always found that baffling given that I generally purchase a 12-month subscription up-front.

Edited by Parker77

37 minutes ago, Parker77 said:

Question I don't think I've seen asked or answered anywhere (but there's a lot to keep up with).

So you swipe your card and the game downloads to your console. Is that it, or, as with the SNES/NES online games on Switch, do you still need to connect to the internet regularly to prove you still 'own' the game? Always found that baffling given that I generally purchase a 12-month subscription up-front.

IIRC Mr Tallarico was saying in that video that you only need to be online once to activate the game and that you needn't go online ever again (to play that particular game).

Edited by Beatley82